From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Medawar is a common Arabic surname. Notable people with the surname include:
- Sir Peter Medawar (1915–1987), Nobel Prize-winning British biologist
- Jean Medawar (née Taylor; 1913–2005), British author and a former chairman of the Family Planning Association, and wife of the British Nobelist Peter Brian Medawar
- Joseph Medawar, Lebanese American film producer and businessman
- Mardi Oakley Medawar, American novelist of Cherokee descent
- See also
- Medawar Lecture, annual lecture on the philosophy of science organised by the Royal Society of London in memory of Sir Peter Medawar
- Wilkins-Bernal-Medawar Lecture, public lecture organised annually by the Royal Society of London. It was formed in 2005 by the merger of the Wilkins Lecture, the Bernal Lecture and the Medawar Lecture.
- Medawar zone, the area of problems which are most likely to produce fruitful results. Named after Sir Peter Medawar,
|This page lists people with the surname Medawar. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Medawar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.