|Elevation||577 m (1,893 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TS 07, TS 08|
Medchal is a northern suburb of Hyderabad, India. It used be a suburban village and one of the largest mandals in Rangareddy district of Telangana, India. Total population of Medchal is 35611 according to census 2011.Among them Males are 18017 and Females are 17594
Medchal is located at Quli Qutub Shah time. Medchal is also famous for saint Jaffer sahab who treated the people in and around medchal, former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh Sri Marri chenna Reddy garu and former chief justice and president justice hidayatullah visited to him frequently.. It has an average elevation of 577 meters (1896 feet). Medchal (Town of Glory), formerly called as Medi (Fig) Chelama (spring), but later came to known as Medchal, This place was once resort for Nizams , who constructed a beautiful mansion here, there are few famous Temples in Medchal Sri Sri Sri GadiMaisamma Temple and Ramalingeshwara swamy temple at height of 61 metres on hillock, this temple is believed to be constructed by Kakatiyas, and a beautiful mosque was built in the village during
Medchal highway is famous fro dhabas , grape gardens and beautiful villas. It being very near to hyderabad real estate is at peaks and there are many engineering colleges, one medical college, Nalsar law university providing quality education. There is a big industrial area in medchal with some famous brands , they provide employment for thousands of people.
MediCiti Institute of Medical Sciences is located at Ghanpur village in Medchal mandal. Mediciti Hospital is attached to this institution. Shantha Biotechnics (P) Ltd., is located at Athvelly village in Medchal mandal. Ultra Tile (P) Limited., is located in Kistapur, Medchal mandal.
In the recently concluded 2014-General Elections, Medchal hoisted the flag of self-respect by electing the pro-Telangana party(TRS) candidate M.SUDHIR REDDY to the Assembly.TRS was also honoured with a triumph victory recording a majority of 58,000 votes.
- Assembly Election Results in 2014 - MALIPEDDI SUDHEER REDDY(MSR) of TRS Party Won with 66.25 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 2009 - KICHANNAGARI LAXMA REDDY (KLR) Won with 36.25 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 2004 - TULLA DEVENDER GOUD Won with 50.39 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 1999 - TULLA DEVENDER GOUD Won with 61.43 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 1994 - TULLA DEVENDER GOUD Won with 54.02 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 1989 - SINGIREDDY UMA VENKAT RAMA REDDY Won with 54.57 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 1985 - KOMMAREDDY SURENDER REDDY Won with 53.65 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 1983 - UMA VENKATARAMA REDDY Won with 36.24 votes %
- Assembly Election Results in 1978 - M CHANNA REDDY Won with 57.12 votes %
There are 18 village panchayats in Medchal mandal.
- Athvelly (village and panchayat)
- Bandamadharam (village and panchayat)
- Dabilpur (village and panchayat)
- Girmapur (village and panchayat)
- Goudavelly (village and panchayat)
- Gundlapochampalle (village and panchayat)
- Kandlakoya (village and panchayat)
- Medchal (village, panchayat and mandal headquarters)
- Muneerabad (village and panchayat)
- Nuthankal (village and panchayat)
- Pudoor (village and panchayat)
- Raja Bollaram (village and panchayat)
- Ravalkole (village and panchayat)
- Rayalapur (village and panchayat)
- Somaram (village and panchayat)
- Sreerangavaram (village and panchayat)
- Yadaram (village and panchayat)
- Yellampet (village and panchayat)
- "GHMC,HMDC HYDERABAD.Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Corporation,Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation". exclventures.com. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- Shantha Biotech
- ultra tile
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier