|Metro||Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority|
|• Body||Medchal Municipality|
|• Total||26.95 km2 (10.41 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Medchal is a Outer Suburb of Hyderabad in the Medchal–Malkajgiri district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is the mandal headquarters of Medchal mandal in Keesara revenue division of the district. It also forms a part of Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority. Chamakura Malla Reddy is the MLA of Medchal Assembly Constituency.
This is an industrially developed area. Medchal was previously known as Medichelama (Medi means Fig and Chelama means spring) and was later renamed as Medchal, which means town of glory. Medchal was once a resort for Nizams, who constructed a beautiful mansion here. Jain temple of Vardhaman Mahavir which is india's third most famous temple for Jains is located in Medchal. There are many dhabas, grape gardens and beautiful villas on Medchal highway.
Medchal Municipality constituted vide G.O.Ms.No.106 MA & UD (Elec-I) Dept. dated 22-03-2013 duly merging two Gram Panchayats viz., Medchal and Athvelly. The Nagar Panchayat administration is functioning w.e.f. 16.09.2013. The area of the Nagar Panchayat is 26.95 Sq. Kms. Medchal town is located at 17.6297 N 78.4814 E. It has an average elevation of 577 meters (1896 feet).
Medchal is located at .
Government and politics
The Medchal municipality is the local self government of the town.
There is a railway station in Medchal under South Central Railway, Indian Railways. Medchal also has a bus station, which is the second richest in Telangana in terms of revenue, according to 2016 report.
The campus also has a Goshala with 150 cows along with a practice of organic farming.
There is a newly built Jain Temple near Medchal Railway Station. It is called 72 Jinalaya. Lord Tribhuvan Parswanth is Presiding Deity along. A Dadawadi is also built. The temple have residential and food facility for Jain Pilgrims. It is gaining popularity among the jain pilgrims from across the country.
- Sandeep Reddy - Telangana state first MBC Corporation chairman
- "District Census Handbook – Karimnagar" (PDF). Census of India. p. 58. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Medchal−Malkajgiri district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 November 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- V, Swathi (24 November 2011). "Groundwater levels plummet in RR dt". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "HMDA list of villages" (PDF). Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority. p. 6. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "C&DMA". www.cdma.telangana.gov.in. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "ISKCON Temple and Goshala | Hyderabad". ISKCON Medchal. Retrieved 24 February 2023.
- "Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan participated in Narasimha Homa at ISKCON Temple". Sakshi. 26 December 2022.