|Launched||22 December 2006 as MediaCorp TV HDTV
1 January 2007 as Mediacorp TV HD5
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV) 16:9|
|Slogan||Entertaining Your First
(1 January 2007-31 December 2007)
Come Home to 5
(1 January 2008-31 December 2014)
It's Good to be Home on 5
(1 January 2015-now)
|Broadcast area||Singapore, Johor and Riau Islands|
|Headquarters||Caldecott Broadcasting Centre (1 January 2007-7 December 2015)
Mediapolis@one-north in Buona Vista (8 December 2015-present)
|Formerly called||Mediacorp TV HDTV|
|Replaced||Mediacorp TV HDTV|
|Sister channel(s)||Channel 5
|Mediacorp - Digital (DVB-T) (ceased)||Channel 38 UHF (610 MHz) Ceased starting 1 March 2017.|
|StarHub TV||Channel 155 (HD)|
|Singtel TV||Channel 2/305 (HD)|
Mediacorp HD5 or HD5 (Chinese: 高清5頻道, formerly known as MediaCorp TV HDTV or HDTV) is Singapore's first 24-hour digital free-to-air high-definition television channel, simulcasting high-definition version of Mediacorp Channel 5 programming when available. It is the first digital terrestrial television broadcast high-definition channel in Southeast Asia and also first in the world to use MPEG4/AVC compression.
There are about 10-hours of True HD programmes shown on HD5 every week. The types of programmes include movies, dramas and local productions.
On 1 January 2007, MediaCorp officially rolled out its HD5 television signal.
Since late 2013, Channel 5 (via DVB-T2) has been simulcast with this channel due to the start of digital TV in Singapore and the channel has been just simply known as "Channel 5 HD". However, a DVB-T version (alongside Channel 5, Channel 8 and Channel NewsAsia) with hard encoded subtitles was available until 28 February 2017. It ceased starting 1 March 2017 due to general availability of these services on DVB-T2 and to free up radio specturm. 
- 1 January 2005
- Then Minister for Information, Communication and the Arts Lee Boon Yang announced that trials for high-definition television services in Singapore would begin by 22 December 2006.
- It is part of the efforts by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) to speed up the deployment and adoption of high-definition technology nationwide as the national media and entertainment industry shifts to digital technology.
- 1000 participants, 10 community clubs and various retail stores were selected for the trial. It was initially expected to last for six months.
- 22 December 2006
- The trial channel was named MediaCorp TV HDTV (shortened as HDTV) was launched with the movie premiere of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers shown on the first day of high-definition broadcast.
- 1 January 2007
- The channel was renamed MediaCorp TV HD5 (shortened as HD5).
- MediaCorp officially rolled out its HD5 television signal. 30 percent of primetime shows were broadcast in True HD format.
- MediaCorp announced its plan for the official launch of HD5 during the last quarter of 2007.
- Subscribers of Singapore Telecom Mio TV are able to receive HD5 via its high-definition television set-top box.
- "HD5 LIFTOFF", an HD5 channel showcasing event was held at Suntec City Hall 401.
- Various high-definition television manufacturers were also at the event to promote their products.
- HD5 broadcast various foreign and national high-definition productions for its channel showcase during the 2 days.
- The programming on that day included National Day Rally 2007, National Day Parade 2007 and 2007 Singapore Fireworks Celebrations.
The number of True HD programmes shown every week is increased to 7-hours.
- Subscribers of StarHub TV are able to receive HD5 via its high-definition television set-top box.
- 8 August 2008
- As one of MediaCorp's broadcast channel for Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics Games, HD5 showed daily highlights of the events at 06:00 SST in True HD and Dolby Digital 5.1 throughout the duration of the Summer Olympic Games. It was one of the first few channels in the world to show the Summer Olympic Games in high-definition and the first in Southeast Asia.
- 11 August 2010
- As MediaCorp's official broadcast channel for Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games, HD5 broadcast daily events from 9am to 4am in True HD and Dolby Digital 5.1 throughout the duration of the Youth Olympic Games.
- 15 February 2013
- To celebrate 50 years of TV in Singapore since its pilot service in 1963, MediaCorp TV held a year-long golden jubilee celebrations.
- 1 December 2013
- DVB-T2 version of Mediacorp Channel 5 was upgraded to HD to be able to broadcast MediaCorp HD5 digitally.
- 1 March 2017
- DVB-T version of Mediacorp HD5 stopped broadcasting alongside other channels broadcasting on DVB-T platform. 
Before 1 January 2007, MediaCorp HD5 was known as:
- 22 December 2006 – 1 January 2007
- MediaCorp HDTV
HD5 is a 24-hour channel.