MediaHuman Audio Converter
|Initial release||30 July 2011|
1.9.7 / 28 February 2020
|Written in||C/C++ and Qt framework|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, macOS|
|Available in||English, German, French, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese|
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2020)
MediaHuman Audio Converter is a freeware audio conversion utility developed by MediaHuman Ltd.. The program is used to convert across different audio formats, split lossless audio files using CUE and extract audio from video files. The app can be run on Mac starting from OS X 10.6 and on Windows XP and higher. This software does not support CD burning and CD ripping.
- Accepts over 30 audio file formats such as MP3, M4A, OGG, AAC, WMA, WAV and many lossless formats including FLAC, ALAC, APE and WavPack.
- Supports drag and drop to simplify the usage for inexperienced users
- Converted files can be imported to iTunes and Music.app automatically
- Retains folder structure
- Uses all computer's cores when converting in batch mode
- Splits large files into individual tracks using information from CUE sheet
- Automatically searches for album covers
- Transfers ID3 tags
MediaHuman Audio Converter can be downloaded and used free of charge for commercial and non-commercial use.
MediaHuman Audio Converter was originally developed in the programming language C++ with Qt framework using such libraries as FFmpeg, OpenSSL, LAME, and TagLib. The user interface of MediaHuman Audio Converter is based on Qt Widgets.
- High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding
- Comparison of audio formats
- List of free software for audio
- List of music software
- "Easily convert audio files to a more useful format". Macworld. 7 August 2015.
- "MediaHuman Audio Converter for Mac review". Yahoo News. 16 Oct 2014.
- Mir, Fawad (26 December 2011). "MediaHuman Audio Converter: Convert Music Files via Drag & Drop". AddictiveTips.
- Penderworth, Jacob (15 October 2013). "MediaHuman Audio Converter: A Free Tool to Encode Music". AppStorm.net.
- "How to convert FLAC to MP3". Digital Trends. 11 October 2017.
- Galloway, David (26 December 2011). "MediaHuman Audio Converter is Easy Enough for Your Non-Tech Friends to Use". Lifehacker.
- Popescu, George (20 November 2017). "A straightforward audio converter that provides the required tools to convert your music in the desired audio file format with just a few clicks of a mouse button". SoftPedia.
- Majhi, Sudip (7 March 2017). "MediaHuman Audio Converter batch converts multiple audio files". The Windows Club.
- "MediaHuman Audio Converter for Mac". CNet. 16 October 2014.