Media Take Out
|Slogan(s)||The Most Visited Urban Website In The World|
|Alexa rank||2,188 (April 2014[update])|
Media Take Out is a blog-style gossip website catering to people that are interested in celebrity news. It also claims it is "The Most Visited Urban Website in the World" because of the number of people visiting it daily.
The website was founded by Fred Mwangaguhunga, a former corporate lawyer. Mwangaguhunga was born to Ugandan parents in Washington, D.C., is a graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice at the City University of New York, and received two degrees from Columbia University.
Exclusives have been quoted by Good Morning America, Watch What Happens Live, The New York Times, BET Style, MTV News, and the "Page Six" column of the New York Post, and by radio personalities including Wendy Williams, Howard Stern, and Tom Joyner. Media Take Out has broken several stories, including Kim Kardashian's first pregnancy, Remy Ma's criminal charges and Michael Jordan's divorce. Mwangaguhunga has stated, "We get 90% of our stories from insiders looking to spill the beans like hairstylists, bodyguards or bitter ex-girlfriends".
- "Mediatakeout.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Vanessa E. Jones (2007-06-11). "Believe the hype". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Margena A. Christian (2007-09-24). "Former attorney now serves up Black celebrity gossip as founder of Mediatakeout.com". Jet. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "MediaTakeOut.com Receives One Million Page Views". PRWeb. 2006-06-20. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- MediaTakeOut.com one of the Top 50 Black Owned Websites
- NY TIMES: A Gossip Site Finds Its Niche
- VICE: Meet The Lawyer Who Runs Media Take Out
- Media Take Out.com Dishin the Dirt on African American Celebs: But Skeptics say It's All Lies
- (audio) NPR Interviews owner
|This entertainment website–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|