|Based in||Potts Point (Sydney), New South Wales|
Mediaweek is an Australian weekly trade magazine serving news regarding the Australian newspaper, television, radio, magazine and outdoor advertising industries. It is published as a weekday email digest (Mediaweek Morning Report), daily online at mediaweek.com.au, and until the end of 2017 as a weekly hardcopy magazine.
History and profile
Mediaweek was founded by Philip Luker, an Australian publisher, in 1990, and was later expanded to cover Entertainment Media industries.
Regular content includes Person of the Week, Inside News Brands, Inside Radio, Inside Magazines, Inside Digital, Inside Television, and Inside Subscription TV. The weekly magazine also has a spread of photos from various media events from the week, and a column called Media People, which highlights the biggest movements in the industry. Other than this, the title carries radio ratings eight times a year, and magazine and newspaper readership and circulation figures twice a year.
The current editor and publisher is James Manning, who took over the post in 1999.
Mediaweek ceased printing its magazine at the end of 2017, transitioning to a digital-only publication.
James Manning co-hosts a weekly television program titled Mediaweek on the Sky News Business Channel on Thursday afternoons, which features media industry news, conducts interviews with media executives as well as stock performances of media companies. Manning co-hosts the show with a rotating presenter from the Sky News Business Channel, including Bridie Barry and Nadine Blayney.
- "About". Mediaweek. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "Dan Barrett Joins Mediaweek Australia as Deputy Editor". Cision. 20 October 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Healey, Briana (9 November 2015). "Mediaweek rolls out Dan Barrett as new deputy editor". Influencing.com.au. Archived from the original on 1 June 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Marketing Publications". Marketing. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Knox, David (3 October 2017). "Mediaweek to close mag, remains digital only". TV Tonight. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Connect: Sky News Team". Sky News Australia. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Knox, David (25 March 2010). "Kyle chats to Sky News Business". TV Tonight. Retrieved 1 June 2016.