|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mediaweek is an Australian weekly trade magazine serving news regarding the Australian newspaper, television, radio, magazine and outdoor advertising industries. It is published as a weekday email digest (Mediaweek Morning Report), daily online at mediaweek.com.au, and a weekly hardcopy magazine.
History and profile
Mediaweek was founded by Philip Luker, an Australian publisher, in 1990, and was later expanded to cover Entertainment Media industries.
Regular content includes Person of the Week, Inside News Brands, Inside Radio, Inside Magazines, Inside Digital, Inside Television, and Inside Subscription TV. The weekly magazine also has a spread of photos from various media events from the week, and a column called Media People, which highlights the biggest movements in the industry. Other than this, the title carries radio ratings eight times a year, and magazine and newspaper readership and circulation figures twice a year.
The current editor and publisher is James Manning, who took over the post in 1999. The founder of website Televised Revolution, Dan Barrett, is the deputy editor of the magazine. Meanwhile, Kruti Joshi is the digital editor, Brian Watson is the sub-editor, Sam Caldwell is the editorial assistant, and Justine Scott is the art director.
James Manning co-hosts a weekly television program titled MediaWeek on the Sky News Business Channel on Thursday afternoons, which features media industry news, conducts interviews with media executives as well as stock performances of media companies. Manning co-hosts the show with a rotating presenter from the Sky News Business Channel, including Bridie Barry and Nadine Blayney.
- "Dan Barrett Joins Mediaweek Australia as Deputy Editor". Cision. 20 October 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Healey, Briana (9 November 2015). "Mediaweek rolls out Dan Barrett as new deputy editor". Influencing.com.au. Archived from the original on 1 June 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Marketing Publications". Marketing. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Connect: Sky News Team". Sky News Australia. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Knox, David (25 March 2010). "Kyle chats to Sky News Business". TV Tonight. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
|This trade magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.