Media One TV
|Launched||10 February 2013|
|Owned by||Madhyamam Broadcasting Limited|
|Headquarters||Kozhikode, Kerala, India|
|Sister channel(s)||Media One Gulf|
|Kerala Vision Digital TV
|Asianet Digital TV, Kerala||125|
MediaOne TV (Malayalam: മീഡിയാവണ്) is an Indian television channel broadcasting in Malayalam, operated by Madhyamam Broadcasting Limited. Th Madhyamam Daily. The channel was licensed in September 2011 and was officially launched on 10 February 2013. The main Studio is located at Velliparamba, Kozhikode. Mini news studios are available in all the major cities of India. T.K Farook is the Executive Director, Abdul Majeed M is the Chief Executive Officer, O Abdurahman is the group editor (madhyamam-media one) and CL Thomas is the chief editor.
- 1 Channel history
- 2 Coverage, viewership and impact
- 3 MediaOne Gulf
- 4 Satellite information
- 5 Channel availability
- 6 Awards and recognitions
- 7 Criticism and controversies
- 8 Key people
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Kerala Chief Minister Mr. Oommen chandy inaugurated the foundation stone laying ceremony of MediaOne headquarters and studio complex at Velliparambu near Kozhikode.
The channel was officially launched on 10 February 2013 by Defence Minister A K Antony at a gala function held at Swapna Nagari, Kozhikode.Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Opposition Leader V.S. Achuthanandan, Kerala IT& Industry Minister P.K Kunhalikkutty, Film Director Mr. Ranjith, BJP Leader Adv. Sreedharan Pillai, Novelist Mukundan, Jamaet Ameer T Arifali, madhyamam-media one group editor O.Abdurahiman also delivered felicitation speech in the function.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy delivered the inaugural address while leader of Opposition V S Achuthanandan inaugurated the studio complex and industries minister P K Kunjalikutty inaugurated the news studio. Malayalam film director, Ranjith released the Signature Music of Media One TV at the inaugural ceremony
The infotainment channel will be turned into a full-time news channel following the launch of MediaOne Life, a full-time entertainment channel to come soon. Dr Abdussalam Ahmed, Managing Director of MBL has said that there are also plans to start MediaOne Global for Non-Resident Indians.
Coverage, viewership and impact
MediaOne TV is widely accepted by Malayalis because of its alternative media culture based on moral and human values. The channel boasts of the highly advanced technology, presents a unique treat in both visuals and content. It is the most popular Malayalam channel among the Kerala expats in the Middle East.
Media One Facebook page reached one million followers within first 29 months of broadcasting and Media One became fourth Malayalam channel out of 32 channels to reach 1 million follower threshold after Asianet, Manorama News and Reporter.
MediaOne Gulf is a Dubai based subsidiary channel of MediaOne TV. It is scheduled to go on-air on 24 April 2015. MediaOne Gulf is the only Indian channel that has obtained a license from the Ministry of Culture and Information in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Riyadh K. Najm, president of the Saudi General Commission for Audiovisual Media, launched the logo of the channel at a colorful ceremony held in Riyadh on 16 April 2015.
|Orbital Location||66 degree East Longitude|
|Down link Polarization||Horizontal|
|Downlink Frequency||4006 MHz|
|Symbol Rate||14400 Ksps|
Direct To Network (DTN)
- JAINHITS(Available all over India)
Direct To Home (DTH)
- SUN Direct DTH (Channel No: 217)
- Dish TV (Channel No: 732)
- Airtel (Channel No: 821)
- Reliance Big TV ( Channel No: 779)
- Videocon D2H ( Channel No: 618)
- Tatasky ( Channel No: 886)
- ACV ( Channel No: 108)
- Kerala Vision Digital TV,Kerala(Channel No:11)
- Asianet Digital TV, Kerala(Channel No: 108)
- E-Vision, UAE (channel No: 809 Media One and Channel No 810 Media One Gulf )
- OOREDOO, Qatar (channel No: 646 )
Awards and recognitions
State government awards
- Aneesh Ravi won Best Anchor awards in Kerala State Television Awards 2013 for the programme Cucumber City.
- Sunil Baby and Sajith Ajmal of Media One were selected the best investigative journalists for the programme Truth Inside (The death of a river) in Kerala State Television Awards 2013.
Criticism and controversies
In February–March 2014, an autobiography of Gail Tredwell a former female disciple and closest personal attendant of Mata Amritanandamayi titled Holy Hell: A Memoir of Faith, Devotion, and Pure Madness made big allegation against Mata Amritanandamayi and her Ashram in Kerala. The book sponsored by Christian missionaries alleges that a senior follower of the Ashram, Balu had sexual relationship with Mata Amritanandamayi and the author for many years. It also alleges that Amritanandamayi behaved in very rude aggressive manner and abuses the author for many years. The mainstream media of Kerala was feared to report about the allegation made by the book.
In accordance with an order from Ernakulam judicial first magistrate court, on 11 March 2014, Kerala Police registered a case against Gail Tredwell and Media organisations TV channels Indiavision, Reporter, Media One TV and newspapers Thejas and Madhyamam, in response to a petition
- Dr. Abdussalam Ahmad : Managing Director
- O. Abdurahman : Group Editor (Madhyamam - MediaOne)
- CL. Thomas : Editor in Chief
- Shibu Chakravarthy : Senior General Manager - Programs
- "MediaOne TV channel launched", Jamaate-Islami Hind, Kerala Official Website, 11 February 2013
- "Mediaone TV logo unveiled". http://www.madhyamam.com. Retrieved 2012-06-17. External link in
- MediaOne Team
- "മീഡിയ വണ് മിഴി തുറന്നു", MEDIA one Official website, 10 February 2013
- ref "MediaOne TV channel launched: Madhyamam Daily News"
- "MediaOne TV Signature Song"
- "MediaOne Gulf channel to go on air April 24". Saudi Gazette. 16 April 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Satellite Information", MEDIA one, 11 February 2013
- "SUN dth Information", MEDIA one, 26 March 2013
- "State television awards announced". The Hindu. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- Tredwell, Gail (2013). Holy Hell A Memoir of Faith, Devotion and Pure Madness. ISBN 978-0-9896794-0-4.
- "Book on Amma: Petition against media organizations, others". The Hindu. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Call to bring out truth about charges against Math". The Hindu. 10 March 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Amritanandamayi mutt row: Gail Tredwell, five news organisations booked". India Today. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media One TV.|