Media Park (Hilversum)
Media Park (Dutch pronunciation: [meːdiə pɑrk]) is a large business park in the Dutch city of Hilversum. This site is home to a number of Dutch broadcasters and media companies, and is the headquarters of the national public broadcasting system NPO.
The broadcasting associations MAX, VARA and VPRO, which broadcast on public television channels such as Nederland 1 and also on public radio stations, are located on the Media Park site. The news and sports broadcaster NOS is also located on the site but it is not technically a broadcasting association (cf. television in the Netherlands). Other broadcasting associations are located elsewhere in the city of Hilversum: TROS for example is located just south of Media Park on the Lage Naarderweg.
Non-public broadcasters such as RTL and the production companies Endemol and NEP The Netherlands also have studios and offices located on the Media Park site. The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision is also situated on the site.
Media Park is served well by public transport and by the Dutch road network. The southern corner of the site is close to the Hilversum ring road, and the regional N524 road runs along the east side of the site, connecting it with the nearby towns of Naarden and Bussum, and southeast Amsterdam via the N236.
Hilversum Noord railway station is served by local Sprinter services between Hilversum, Amsterdam and Schiphol. A footbridge was constructed across the N524 (Mies Bouwmanboulevard) in 2011, directly linking the station and buildings on the Media Park.
- "Omroep MAX 2012 - Organisatie" (in Dutch). Omroep Max. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
Op het Media Park in Hilversum is Omroep MAX gevestigd.
- "Contact: VARA" (in Dutch). Omroepvereniging VARA. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "VPRO : Over de VPRO : Adres en contact" (in Dutch). VPRO. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Over de NOS - Adres & route" (in Dutch). NOS. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Contact - Over de TROS" (in Dutch). TROS. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Contact | Beeld en Geluid" (in Dutch). Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Kijkbuis feestelijk geopend". Hilversum Beter Bereikbaar (in Dutch). Gemeente Hilversum. 2011-09-15. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Node: Mediapark Zuid (697977189)". OpenStreetMap. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media Park, Hilversum.|
- Media Park (English)
|This Netherlands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|