|Publicly traded company|
|Traded as||MYX: 4502|
|Industry||Mass media, entertainment|
|Founded||23 September 2003|
|Headquarters||New Straits Times Press|
Balai Berita, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Radio and Television
Sri Pentas, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Number of employees
|3,897 (December 2018)|
|Divisions||TV3, NTV7, 8TV, TV9, tonton, MP CJ ENM Shopping, Hot FM, Fly FM, One FM, Kool FM, Ais Kacang, SuperDeals, New Straits Times Press, Primeworks Studios, Big Tree, Media Prima Digital, Rev Asia Holdings,|
Media Prima Berhad (MYX: 4502) is a Malaysian media and entertainment company with businesses in television, print, radio, out-of-home advertising, content creation and digital media. The Group has four television channels — TV3, NTV7, 8TV and TV9 and four radio stations – Fly FM, Hot FM, One FM and Kool FM. Media Prima is also the owner of New Straits Times Press, Malaysia's largest newspaper publisher with three national news brands – New Straits Times, Berita Harian and Harian Metro.
The Group currently ranks third in Malaysia in digital reach following the 2017 acquisition of REV Asia Holdings, one of Southeast Asia's leading digital media groups. In 2018, Media Prima became the number one choice for mobile content ahead of Google and Facebook.
Board of directors
The Group was formed out of the de-merger of Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad’s media assets, namely Sistem Televisyen Malaysia Berhad (which runs TV3) and The New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Berhad. The current members of the board of directors are:
- Datuk Syed Hussian bin Syed Junid (Chairman)
- Dato' Iskandar Mizal Mahmood (GMD)
- Lydia Anne Abraham
- Raja Zaharaton Raja Zainal Abidin
- Mohd Nasir Ahmad
- Mohd Rashid Mohd Yusof
- Hisham Zainal Mokhtar
- Mohamad bin Abdullah
Media Prima Television Networks
Media Prima owns and operates four free-to-air television stations.
- TV3 (Sistem Televisyen Malaysia Berhad)
- NTV7 (Natseven TV Sdn Bhd)
- 8TV (Metropolitan TV Sdn Bhd)
- TV9 (Ch-9 Media Sdn Bhd)
Drama Sangat is a television channel that airs reruns of Malay drama series from TV3 and TV9 and local Chinese drama series from NTV7 and 8TV. CJWOWSHOP is a teleshopping network jointly owned by Media Prima Berhad and CJ E&M. Tonton is Media Prima's Over-the-top media service (OTT) which covers viewers across multiple devices such as computers, tablets, smartphones.
New Straits Times Press
Media Prima owns more than 98% equity interest in The New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Berhad (“NSTP”), which owns three of Malaysia's most recognised print and online news brands – New Straits Times, BH (“Berita Harian”) and Harian Metro, as well as their respective weekend editions. Apart from News brands, New Straits Times Press also owned women lifestyle website Hijab & Heels and learning portal FullAMark
- Fly FM (English)
- Hot FM (Malay)
- One FM (Chinese)
- Kool FM (Malay)
- Ais Kacang
Ripple (formerly known as Media Prima Radio Networks) is an audience-focused digital media, broadcast and commerce company. It includes four radio broadcast brands – Fly FM, Hot FM, One FM and Kool FM, a podcast platform – Ais Kacang, an e-commerce brand – SuperDeals, and seven digital brands – Dhia, Donna, Lunaria, Thelaki, Likely, Chapters and Wakeke.
- Big Tree
- Kurnia Outdoor
- The Right Channel
- Big Tree Seni Jaya
Production and Distribution
- Primeworks Studios
- Primeworks Distribution
- Grand Brilliance
- Monkey Bone
- The 8Unit
Media Prima's content creation arm, Primeworks Studios Sdn Bhd, is one of Malaysia's production houses with content output in diverse categories covering television, cinema, and digital platforms.
- TV3 Ghana (1999-2011)
2018 bomb threat
On 28 August 2018, Media Prima's Sri Pentas headquarters was forced to evacuate following a false bomb threat. The police gave an order to evacuate the company's office at 10.30 pm. About 200 Media Prima employees were evacuated from the building. They were allowed to re-enter the building after two hours of inspection. The police did not find anything suspicious.
Following the cancellation of Nightline, TV3 aired the announcement about the incident. Royal Malaysia Police's bomb detector unit arrived at 11.40 pm to handle the case. The Fire and Rescue Department received the phone call from the police at 11.19 pm following the incident. The case was investigated under Section 506 of the Penal Code, and the police found it was a false bomb threat. Two men were arrested in Temerloh, Pahang on 29 August 2018.
- "Media Prima on path to become leading digital-first content and commerce company".
- "Media Prima beats Google & Facebook as Malaysia's most popular choice for mobile content".
- Corporate Structure
- CJWOWSHOP's official website
- Tonton's official website
- Tonton Xtra's official website
- Hijab & Heels' official website
- FullAMark's official website
- Fly FM's official website
- Hot FM's official website
- One FM's official website
- Kool FM's official website
- Ripple media's official website
- Ais Kacang's official website
- SuperDeals' official website
- Dhia's official website
- Donna's official website
- Lunaria's official website
- Thelaki's official website
- Likely's official website
- Chapters' official website
- Wakeke's official website
- Big Tree's official website
- Primeworks Studios' official website
- Rev Media's official website
- Alya Alhadri (29 August 2019). "Bangunan Media Prima dikosongkan susulan ancaman bom". Malaysiakini. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Fazrik Kamaruddin (29 August 2018). "Ancaman bom di Sri Pentas palsu". Berita Harian. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Fazrik Kamaruddin (29 August 2018). "Pemanggil ancaman bom palsu ditahan". Harian Metro. Retrieved 1 September 2018.