Media Source Extensions
YouTube started using MSE with its HTML 5 player in September 2013.
This section needs expansion with: an explanation of how these affect video-blocking and autoplay blocking accessibility tools. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)
- Firefox 42 with support for all sites since 3 November 2015, with a subset of the functionality available for use with only YouTube in Firefox 37 on Windows Vista or later only. Firefox added the same subset of MSE for YouTube playback support to Mac OS X starting in Firefox 38.
- Google Chrome since early 2013, also on Android.
- Internet Explorer from version 11 on Windows 8.1. (2013 October)
- Microsoft Edge since its launch in November 2015.
- Opera since 9 June 2015.
- Pale Moon from version 27.0, since 22 November 2016.
- Safari 8 on OS X.
- Akamai Media Player as a contributor to the Dash Industry Forum and DASH.js (DASH IF reference client). AMP includes Dash.js, HLS.js and advanced QUIC protocol playback from Akamai Edge Servers.
- The Video Player by Comcast Technology Solutions
- THEOplayer by OpenTelly: HLS and MPEG-DASH player for cross-platform HTML5 support without the need for Flash fallback
- Viblast Player: HLS and MPEG-DASH player for HTML5 MSE and EME, with Flash fallback
- bitmovin's bitdash MPEG-DASH player for HTML5 MSE and EME, with Flash fallback
- dash-js for HTML5 MSE
- dash.js for HTML5 MSE and EME
- rx-player for HTML5 MSE and EME (Live and On Demand)
- hls.js for HTML5 MSE
- hasplayer.js for HTML5 MSE and EME, supporting DASH, Smooth Streaming and HLS
- JW Player 7 and later for MPEG-DASH using HTML5 MSE and EME
- Azure Media Player supports MSE, EME, DASH, HLS, Flash, and Silverlight. Streaming URLs are published in an
- Unreal HTML5 player uses MSE for low latency (sub-second) live playback of streams sent via WebSockets by Unreal Media Server
- "Media Source Extensions W3C Candidate Recommendation". 17 July 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Anthony Park and Mark Watson (3 June 2013). "HTML5 Video in Safari on OS X Yosemite". Netflix.
- The Status of MPEG-DASH today, and why Youtube & Netflix use it in HTML5
- Opera 30 released
- Pale Moon release notes
- Shaka Player GitHub Repo
- Shaka Player Demo
- THEOplayer by OpenTelly: HLS and MPEG-DASH player for HTML5 without the need for Flash fallback
- Viblast Player demo page
- bitdash MPEG-DASH player for HTML5 and Flash
- dash-js of Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt
- hls.js demo page
- JW Player About DASH Streaming
- "Azure Media Player". Microsoft. 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- Unreal Media Server