This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A media consultant is a marketing agent or public relations executive that is hired by businesses or political candidates to obtain positive press coverage. Media consultants usually draft press releases to highlight positive achievements of a business, organization, or individual. In politics, media consultants create advertisement campaigns to plant a desired image in the minds of voters.
Top consulting firms such as Bain, McKinsey & Company, and Boston Consulting Group have media, technology, and entertainment practices. Media consultants at management consulting firms seek to address issues facing the industry such as strengthening operational efficiency, brand strategy, digital media strategies, and business technology.
Media consultants are often employed by B2C businesses to help them manage their media agency relationships. According to the World Federation of Advertisers Survey of the global advertisers, companies like ID Comms, Ebiquity and Accenture are recognised as the major suppliers of media consulting.
It is also used to describe a person or company that enables media organizations to develop their businesses. An example where a consultant would be needed is a company that is moving its print business online.
Many consultants have entered the area of social media. A social media consultant's work involves advising clients on developing online media campaigns. These campaigns typically include the use of video, blogs, forums and other features commonly seen on social networking sites.
These consultants also assist companies with managing their online presence on blogs and popular social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace, Google+ and Twitter. Increasingly, the more engaged companies are in social media the more valued their brands are.
- "Media consulting / Media consultants". bain.com. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "How we help clients | Media & Entertainment". McKinsey & Company. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "Media & Entertainment Consulting". http://www.bcg.com. Retrieved 2016-09-05. External link in
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2013-04-08.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- 2009. Engagement db: Ranking the Top 100 Global Brands, Ben Elowitz and Charlene Li
- How a digital business consultant can improve your bottom line http://sauldie.org/digital-business-consultant/
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|