Media in Louisville, Kentucky
Newspapers, magazines and online news
Local weekly newspapers include Business First of Louisville, Louisville Defender (African American paper published since 1933), Louisville Eccentric Observer (or LEO, a free alternative paper) and The Voice-Tribune.
Louisville Magazine, published monthly, highlights the city's culture and lifestyles. Other locally produced monthly magazines include Food & Dining Magazine,[non-primary source needed] which covers regional food and drink, and Today's Woman,[non-primary source needed] a national magazine featuring women and women's issues.
Macaroni Kid Louisville East is a local online news source covering family friendly events, businesses, activities, festivals, guides and more.
Insider Louisville is a locally owned online news source covering business, government, neighborhoods, arts and culture in Metro Louisville. They deliver a free daily newsletter.[non-primary source needed]
Louisville is also well served by television. Louisville's television stations include:
|Call letters||Channel||Network affiliation|
|WAVE||3 (Cable 6)||(NBC)|
|WHAS||11 (Cable 4)||(ABC)|
|WKPC||15 (Cable 13)||(PBS/KET1)|
|WBNA||21 (Cable 21)||(Ind)|
|WMYO-CD||24 (Cable 138)||(Laff)|
|MetroTV||25 (Cable Only)||Louisville Metro affairs|
|WLKY||32 (Cable 5)||(CBS)|
|WDRB||41 (Cable 9)||(FOX)|
|WBKI||58 (Cable 10)||(CW)|
|WKMJ||68 (Cable 15)||(PBS/KET2)|
The only cable service available in Louisville is from Charter Communications (doing business as Spectrum). They provide standard and premium cable TV service, high-speed Internet access and digital telephone service.
Louisville's radio broadcasting stations cater to a wide variety of musical and other interests.
|Call letters||FM frequency||Type||Special notes|
|WNAS||88.1||New Albany High School|
|WUOL||90.5||Classical||University of Louisville|
|WKYU||90.9||Public radio||Western Kentucky University - Elizabethtown, KY|
|WFPK||91.9||Adult album alternative|
|WQXE||98.3||Hot adult contemporary||Elizabethtown, KY|
|WLGX||100.5||Hot Adult Contemporary|
|WMJM||101.3||Urban adult contemporary|
|WRKA||103.9||Rhythmic Adult contemporary|
|Call letters||AM frequency||Type||Special notes|
|WHBE||680||Sports||ESPN Radio affiliate|
|NOAA Weather Radio||1610||Weather|
|Trimarc Traffic Channel||1610||Traffic||Louisville Metro traffic|
- Kentucky media
- "Food & Dining Magazine - Louisville's Foodie Magazine". Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- "Today's Woman Now". Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- "About Us". Insider Louisville. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- "National Weather Service". Forecast.weather.gov. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Trimarc". Trimarc. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- J. Stoddard Johnston (1896), "Newspaper Press of Louisville", Memorial history of Louisville from its first settlement to the year 1896, Chicago: American Biographical Pub. Co., OCLC 3346757
- Kleber, John E., ed. (2001). "Television". The Encyclopedia of Louisville. Lexington, Kentucky: University Press of Kentucky. pp. 872–873. ISBN 0-8131-2100-0. OCLC 247857447.