Media of Switzerland
|Part of a series on the|
Still, due to its small territorial size, it is strongly influenced by the media of larger bordering countries, with foreign journals, radios and televisions popular throughout the country. The broadcasting sector is dominated by the SRG SSR, subsidized by the federal government, while the printed press is free of governmental involvement.
Switzerland was ranked seventh in 2008 in the annual "Worldwide press freedom ranking of countries" published by Reporters Without Borders, tied with Belgium, Latvia, New Zealand, Slovakia and Sweden.
- Swissinfo (swissinfo.ch) is a ten-language news and information platform produced by the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation.
- SWITCH Information Technology Services
- Swiss Internet Exchange
- Swiss Media
- Swiss media company based in Switzerland
- Journalism in Switzerland (in German)
- Euromedia Research Group; Mary Kelly; et al., eds. (2004). "Switzerland". Media in Europe (3rd ed.). Sage Publications. ISBN 978-0-7619-4132-3.
- Switzerland Profile: Media, BBC News
- "Media Landscapes: Switzerland", Medialandscapes.org, Netherlands: European Journalism Centre
|This Switzerland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|