Founded in February 1996 by Ben Hayman and Steve Hebditch Mediasurface Limited (previously known as Webdevelopment Ltd) was a UK-based supplier of content management systems and associated services.
Their product, (renamed Morello in 2004) was used for websites and intranets at organisations including Aegon, Borealis, T-Mobile, UK Government Home Office, Citigroup, UK Government Environment Agency and Prudential plc.
The company was headquartered in London Bridge until early 2001 when the company moved to a new headquarters in Newbury, UK. Mediasurface floated on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2004. Mediasurface had international offices in the USA, Netherlands, and Australia.
In January 2008 the Pepperio product was acquired by Purestone (a UK based digital agency) 
In 2010 Alterian consolidated to a single CMS platform (ACM) and dropped the Immediacy product.
- "MEDIASURFACE APPOINTS JAMES METCALF AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER". ResponseSource Press Release Wire. March 2000. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "New Market for Content Management". content-wire.com. 2004-08-25. Archived from the original on 2012-02-08.
- "Mediasurface acquires a second CMS". Real Story Group. 2005-04-08.
- "Content Management Packaged for Small Biz". content-wire.com. 2006-05-16. Archived from the original on 2012-02-08.
- "To Gain Ground in Web CMS, Mediasurface Moves with Immediacy". cmswire.com. 2007-07-27.
- "Purestone pep up business with Pepperio". www.pepperio.nl. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Alterian completes strategic acquisition of Mediasurface". Archived from the original on 2009-04-13.
- Goodbye Morello, Hello Alterian CME
- "Alterian's Plans to Buy Mediasurface Show WCM Market in Flux". www.gartner.com. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- "Alterian releases Version 7". Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Alterian Drops Immediacy, Morello Web CMS Brands". Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- SDL Acquires Alterian, Beefing Up Its Customer Experience Story
|This content management system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|