Medical Care Research and Review
|Edited by||Thomas D'Aunno|
|Med. Care Res. Rev.|
Medical Care Research and Review is a peer-reviewed academic journal that covers the field of health care. The editor-in-chief is Thomas D'Aunno (Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health). It was established in 1944 and is currently published by SAGE Publishing.
The journal publishes three types of articles: review articles on particular research or policy topics that synthesize theoretical and empirical literature across several disciplines; empirical research; and articles that present new data and trends in the health care field.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
According to the Journal Citation Reports, its 2014 impact factor is 2.600, ranking it 25 out of 86 journals in the category "Health Care Sciences & Services" and 12 out of 70 journals in the category "Health Policy & Services".
Best Article Award
Each year, the journal's editorial board selects a "Best Paper", selected based on the quality of the work and its contribution to the field.
- Brach, Cindy; Fraserirector, Irene (2000). "Can Cultural Competency Reduce Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities? A Review and Conceptual Model". Medical Care Research and Review. 57 (4): 181. doi:10.1177/107755800773743655.
- Mayberry, Robert M.; Mili, Fatima; Ofili, Elizabeth (2000). "Racial and Ethnic Differences in Access to Medical Care". Medical Care Research and Review. 57 (4): 108. doi:10.1177/107755800773743628.
- Laveist, Thomas A.; Nickerson, Kim J.; Bowie, Janice V. (2000). "Attitudes about Racism, Medical Mistrust, and Satisfaction with Care among African American and White Cardiac Patients". Medical Care Research and Review. 57 (4): 146. doi:10.1177/107755800773743637.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Health Care Sciences & Services". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Health Policy & Services". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- Medical Care Research & Review. Web of Science. Thomson Reuters. 2012.