Medicine Hat A's
|Medicine Hat A's|
Medicine Hat, Alberta
|Minor league affiliations|
|Major league affiliations|
The Medicine Hat A's were a Rookie League affiliate of the Oakland Athletics, playing in the Pioneer League and located in the Canadian city of Medicine Hat, Alberta. They played for a single season, 1977, and their home field was Athletic Park.
The A's arrived in Medicine Hat in 1977, an expansion team for the Pioneer League along with the Calgary Cardinals. The A's had relocated from Boise, Idaho, where they had played two seasons as the Boise A's in the Northwest League. The A's finished in fifth place within the six-team Pioneer League; four members of the team would go on to appear in the major leagues. After the season, the team changed their affiliation to the Toronto Blue Jays and played 25 seasons as the Medicine Hat Blue Jays.
|Season||Name & Position|
|1977||Jim Bennett, OF|
- "Pioneer adding 2 teams". Great Falls Tribune. Great Falls, Montana. October 14, 1976. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "1977 Pioneer League". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "1977 Medicine Hat A's (Rk)". thebaseballcube.com. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "Blue Jays affiliate with Medicine Hat". Great Falls Tribune. Great Falls, Montana. AP. October 6, 1977. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- "1977 Medicine Hat A's". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- "All-Star Teams 1966-1979". milb.com. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- Baseball Reference – Medicine Hat teams