Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland
|Founded||November 7, 2007Colognein|
|Products||Television, broadcasting and content production|
Number of employees
Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland is a German media group, a wholly owned subsidiary of RTL Group, which owns several television channels in Germany.
Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland was created in 2007 by RTL Group as an umbrella brand grouping all its audiovisual activities (except radio) in Germany. The Group's free TV channels, digital specialty channels, IP Deutschland, Cologne Broadcasting Center (CBC) and RTL Interactive, the subsidiary responsible for the diversification of supply digital services, depend on the new group whose ambition is to be present on all screens, whether television, computer or mobile phones.
On September 1, 2010, RTL digitaltext (digital version of the teletext offer) was launched, followed by n-tv at the beginning of 2012, VOX in mid-2012 and RTL II in April 2013.
January 1, 2011, VOX received a sole broadcasting license for a full program. Previously, the station had shared a dual license with dctp.
On January 31, 2012, RTL Group signed a three-year contract with Walt Disney Studios Distribution to broadcast films from the Disney catalog in Germany on the channels of Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland.
The fourth pay-TV channel of Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland is being created in cooperation with the Gruner + Jahr magazine GEO. The offer shows high-quality documentation. Cologne Broadcasting Center (CBC) performs the playout.
RTL International was launched on January 18, 2016. This channel was dedicated for Germans living abroad. On May 31, 2017, RTL International ceased broadcasting.
- RTL Television (Cologne, 99,7 %) with its subsidiaries
- RTL Regional
- GEO Television (Pay-TV, Cologne, 100 %)
- RTL Crime (Pay-TV, Cologne, 100 %)
- RTL Living (Pay-TV, Cologne, 100 %)
- RTL Passion (Pay-TV, Cologne, 100 %)
- RTL International (defunct Pay-TV, Cologne, 100 %)
- VOX (Cologne, 99,7 %; Bertelsmann holds further minority shares via the participation of Gruner + Jahr in the dctp)
- n-tv (Cologne, 100 %)
- Nitro (Cologne, 100 %)
- RTLplus (since 4 June 2016)
- Toggo Plus (since 4 June 2016)
- RTL II (Grünwald near Munich, 35,9 %, with Bauer, Tele München Gruppe, The Walt Disney Company, Burda)
- Super RTL (Cologne)
- RTL interactive (responsible for the diversification of supply digital services, Cologne, 100 %)
- info Network (news production, Cologne)
- IP Deutschland (marketing, Cologne, 100 %)
- Cologne Broadcasting Center (production, technology, IT, Cologne)
- "Firmendaten Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland GmbH". cio.de. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- RTL Buys Film and TV Content From Disney, Handelsblatt Reports
- RTL Germany secures Disney package
- "VOXup - Mediengruppe RTL gründet neuen TV-Sender". presseportal.de. Retrieved 25 September 2019.
- "RTL Hessen Programmfenster GmbH". Mediendatenbank (in German). Kommission zur Ermittlung der Konzentration im Medienbereich (KEK). Retrieved 2015-05-23.
- "RTL Nord GmbH". Mediendatenbank (in German). Kommission zur Ermittlung der Konzentration im Medienbereich (KEK). Retrieved 2015-05-23.
- "RTL West GmbH". Mediendatenbank (in German). Kommission zur Ermittlung der Konzentration im Medienbereich (KEK). Retrieved 2015-05-23.
- CBC – Cologne Broadcasting Center GmbH – technisches Sendezentrum der RTL Deutschland Gruppe
- Official website (in German)