Medina, Misamis Oriental
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Municipality of Medina|
Map of Misamis Oriental with Medina highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Founded||July 1, 1948|
|Barangays||19 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Donato N. Chan|
|• Electorate||22,277 voters (2016)|
|• Total||148.29 km2 (57.26 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||220/km2 (570/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)88|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||96,802,564.54 (2016)|
Medina is politically subdivided into 19 barangays.
- Mananum Bago-o
- Mananum Daan
- North Poblacion
- San Isidro
- San Jose
- San Roque
- San Vicente
- South Poblacion
|Population census of Medina|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Medina, Misamis Oriental, was 32,907 people, with a density of 220 inhabitants per square kilometre or 570 inhabitants per square mile.
- Portulin - from the phrase "Port of Orleans", where long ago big passenger ships came to pick up some passenger using small boats.
- Pelaez Ancestral House
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Misamis Oriental". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Misamis Oriental". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Photos of Duka Bay Resort, Medina, Misamis Oriental
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|