From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up medium or mediums in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Medium may refer to:
See also: Media#Communication
- Media (communication), storage and/or transmission tools used to store and deliver information or data
- Transmission medium, in physics and telecommunications, any material substance which can propagate waves or energy
- Optical medium, material through which electromagnetic waves propagate
- Medium of instruction, any language or other tools used to educate, train, or instruct
See also: Media#Life sciences
- Excitable medium, a non-linear dynamic system which has the capacity to propagate a wave
- Active laser medium (also called gain medium or lasing medium), a quantum system that allows amplification of power (gain) of waves passing through (usually by stimulated emission)
- Growth medium (or culture medium), in biotechnology, an object in which microorganisms or cells experience growth
- Interplanetary medium, in astronomy, material which fills the solar system
- Interstellar medium, in astronomy, the matter and energy content that exists between the stars within a galaxy
- Medium, a gradation of cooked meat
- Optical medium, in physics, a material through with electromagnetic waves propagate.
- Porous medium, in engineering and earth sciences, a material that allows fluid to pass through it, such as sand
- Processing medium, in industrial engineering, a material that plays a role in manufacturing processes
- Artistic medium, a material used by an artist or designer to create a work; see List of artistic media
- The Medium, an opera by Gian-Carlo Menotti
- The Medium (1951 film), a film version of the opera directed by Menotti
- The Medium (1992 film), an English film from Singapore
- Medium (TV series), a television series about a medium (psychic intermediary) working as a consultant for a district attorney's office
- Tau (rapper), a Polish rapper formerly known as "Medium"
- Mediumship, the practice of certain people—known as mediums—to purportedly mediate communication between spirits of the dead and living human beings
- Medium Productions, a record label
- The Medium (Rutgers), an entertainment weekly at Rutgers University
- The Medium (UTM), a student newspaper at the University of Toronto Mississauga
- Medium (company), a Chattanooga, Tennessee, based graphic design, web design, and web development company
- Medium pace bowling, another name for fast bowling in the sport of cricket
- Medium (publishing platform), a blog publishing platform
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Medium.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.