Medkovets Municipality within Bulgaria and Montana Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Medkovets|
|• Total||188 km2 (73 sq mi)|
|Population (Census February 2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Medkovets Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Медковец) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Montana Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the area of the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Medkovets.
The municipality embraces a territory of 188 km² with a population of 3,939 inhabitants, as of February 2011.
Medkovets Municipality includes the following 5 places all of them villages:
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (Bulgarian)National Statistical Institute - Census 2011 Archived April 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- Info website (English)