The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NYSE: MD|
S&P 400 Component
|Industry||Specialized health services|
|Headquarters||Sunrise, Florida, U.S.|
|Cesar L. Alvarez|
(Chairman of the Board)
Roger J. Medel
|Services||Neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and other pediatric physician subspecialty services|
|Revenue||US$ 3.46 billion (2017)|
|US$ 480.08 million (2017)|
|US$ 320.37 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$ 5.87 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$ 3.07 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
(2017; includes: full and part-time employees & contracted professionals)
|Footnotes / references|
MEDNAX, Inc. is an American company founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Sunrise, Florida. The company focuses on neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric physician subspecialty services in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. There are two subsidiaries in the company, Pediatrix Medical Group and American Anesthesiology. Pediatrix was established in 1979, and is the United States' largest provider of newborn hearing screening.
- 1979 – Pediatrix Medical Group was founded as a single neonatology group.
- 1991 – Pediatrix began providing pediatric cardiology and pediatric intensive care physician services.
- 1994 – Pediatrix launched its newborn hearing screen program.
- 1995 – Pediatrix completed its initial public offering.
- 1996 – Electronic medical record system and Clinical Data Warehouse was introduced to bolster research, education and quality improvement initiatives.
- 1998 – Pediatrix began providing maternal-fetal medicine physician services. Formalized Center for Research and Education was launched.
- 2000 – Pediatrix University, a free online CME/CNE resource for the maternal-fetal-newborn community, was launched.
- 2001 – Continuous quality improvement program was introduced.
- 2007 – Pediatrix announced first anesthesia practice acquisition, establishing the American Anesthesiology division.
- 2009 – 100,000 Babies Campaign launched to improve the delivery of neonatal care to 100,000 babies over a three-year period.MEDNAX was established in 2009 as the parent company of Pediatrix Medical Group, Inc. and American Anesthesiology, Inc.
- 2012 – Quantum Clinical Navigation System selected for implementation as a quality initiative tool for anesthesiology practices.
- 2014 – Pediatrix achieves data milestone, reaches one million neonatal health records in Clinical Data Warehouse. MEDNAX signs definitive agreement to acquire leading revenue cycle management company, MedData Inc.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
MEDNAX, Inc. is a national medical group comprising providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric physician subspecialty services. Pediatrix Medical Group, a division of MEDNAX, was founded in 1979 and includes neonatal physicians who provide services at more than 360 neonatal intensive care units, and collaborate with affiliated maternal-fetal medicine, pediatric cardiology, pediatric critical care and other physician subspecialists to provide a clinical care continuum. Pediatrix is also the nation's largest provider of newborn hearing screens. American Anesthesiology, a division of MEDNAX, was established in 2007 and includes more than 2,350 anesthesiologists and advanced practitioners who provide anesthesia care to patients in connection with surgical and other procedures as well as pain management. MEDNAX, through its affiliated professional corporations, employs more than 2,625 physicians in 34 states and Puerto Rico.
- "US SEC: Form 10-K MEDNAX, Inc". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved March 2, 2018.
- "Business Summary".
- "MEDNAX Announces Acquisition of Anesthesiology Practice in Michigan".
- "MEDNAX Announces Acquisition of Anesthesiology Practice in Maryland".
- "MEDNAX Announces Acquisition of Neonatology Practice in Ohio".
- "MEDNAX Announces Acquisition of Neonatology Practice in Virginia".