Medowie, New South Wales
New South Wales
|Population||8,843 (2011 census)|
|• Density||210/km2 (540/sq mi) [Note 1]|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)[Note 2]|
|Area||42.1 km2 (16.3 sq mi)[Note 3]|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||Port Stephens Council|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Medowie // is a suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. It is located approximately 34 km (21 mi) by road north of Newcastle, not far from RAAF Base Williamtown and is home to a large number of the personnel stationed there.
Medowie is home to a Rural Fire Station, formed in 1946.
The town has two government primary schools (Medowie Public School and Wirreanda Public School) as well as a Christian school. A large residential golf course is located at the southern end of the town.
Medowie is also home to many sporting clubs supporting soccer, cricket, rugby union, golf, AFL, netball, tennis as well as little athletics.
- The density figure provided is that for the whole of Medowie. However, the population listed in the ABS data reside in only about 15.6 square kilometres (6.0 sq mi) (approximately 36%) of the suburb. The density in this area is approximately 566.9/km2 (1,468.3/sq mi).
- Average elevation of the suburb as shown on 1:100000 map 9232 NEWCASTLE.
- Area calculation is based on 1:100000 map 9232 NEWCASTLE.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Medowie (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT) - Port Stephens". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 8 June 2008.
- "Medowie". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 29 May 2008.
- "Port Stephens". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Paterson". Australian Electoral Commission. 19 October 2007. Retrieved 15 June 2008.
- "Williamtown RAAF". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 6 June 2008.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT)". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 29 May 2008.
- "Medowie". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 29 May 2008.
- "Medowie Rural Fire Brigade". Medowie Rural Fire Brigade. Retrieved 30 May 2008.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (9 March 2006). "Medowie (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2001 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 May 2008. Map
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Medowie (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 May 2008. Map
Media related to Medowie, New South Wales at Wikimedia Commons