This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NYSE: MEDP|
|Industry||Contract Research Organization|
|Headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|Over 45 countries|
|Dr. August J. Troendle, President and CEO|
|Products||Support services for pharmaceutical and medical device|
|Revenue||$US 322 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Medpace provides services for Phase I-IV of drug and medical device development services including regulatory services and central laboratory services.
On August 11, 2016 Medpace (MEDP) went public with an IPO consisting of 8,050,000 shares.
Medpace was founded in 1992 in Cincinnati, Ohio as Medical Research Services by Dr. August Troendle with several partners. Dr. Troendle first became interested in the CRO sector after working in both the regulatory and pharmaceutical area. He began his career specializing in the development of lipid lowering therapies to treat high cholesterol as a reviewer with the FDA.
Medpace with a team of industry physicians, Dr. Jonathan Issacsohn and Dr. Evan Stein completed many early studies while at Medpace and Medpace Reference Laboratories on the use of statin therapies for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia. Another Medpace physician, Dr. David Orloff is regarded as an industry opinion leader in the study of metabolic diseases - most specifically diabetes and obesity. Dr. Troendle was honored for his work as a Medpace founder in 2012 by the Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce.
Medpace completed construction on a new campus in 2012 in Madisonville, a village in the city of Cincinnati. This was a project completed in cooperation with Madisonville, the City of Cincinnati Department of Economic Development, and the State of Ohio. The project encompassed revitalizing an urban brownfield site formerly occupied by NuTone, and creating a state of the art LEED certified campus.
In 2011 and 2012 Medpace was given the Eagle Award, an industry award by investigative sites for criteria including professionalism, partnership, efficiencies and financial considerations
- 2007-Medpace acquires Monax in the Czech Republic
- 2009-Medpace acquires PharmaBrains AG in Switzerland
- 2010-Medpace acquires Symbios, a medical device consultancy in Minneapolis, MN
- 2010-Medpace acquires Medical Consulting Dr. Schlichtiger, GmbH, in Germany
- 2012-Medpace acquires MediTech BV, a medical device consultancy in the Netherlands.
- Aycock, Jason (24 June 2016). "Medpace Holdings files to raise up to $150M in IPO". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- Vinluan, Frank (14 June 2011). "Mid-sized CROs perform as good or better than larger ones, survey says". MedCity News. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "S-1". EDGAR. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "Cinven to acquire Medpace in $900 million deal". Reuters. 23 Feb 2014. Retrieved 24 Feb 2014.
- "Investor FAQs | Investors | Medpace". investor.medpace.com. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- Jonathan Isaacsohn M.D., William Insull JR., M.D., Evan Stein M.D.Ph.D., Peter Kwiterovich M.D., Ma Patrick M.D., Ronald Brazg M.D., Carlos A. Dujovne M.D., Michael Shan PH.D., Elizabeth Shugrue-Crowley B.S., Steven Ripa M.D., Robert Tota M.D. (February 3, 2009). "Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Cerivastatin 0.8 mg in Patients with Primary Hypercholesterolemia". Clinical Cardiology. 24 (Supplement S4): 1–9. doi:10.1002/clc.4960240902. Check date values in:
|year= / |date= mismatch(help)
- Orloff, David. "Interview with Dr. David Orloff". August 23, 2011. Pharmaceutical Business Review. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Hirt, Amy. "Courier Contributor". Cincinnati Business Courier. The Business Journals Digital Network. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Medpace Construction Ranks 3rd behind downtown mega projects". April 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Brownfield Redevelopment". www.cincinnati-oh.gov. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "U.S. Sites Rate Medpace, Kendle, ICON as Top CROs in 2009". June 2009. Retrieved 9 April 2013. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "CenterWatch" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "http://www.pharmatimes.com/Article/07-08-22/Medpace_acquires_Czech_CRO_Monax.aspx". August 2007. Retrieved 10 April 2013. External link in
- "Medpace acquires Symbios Clinical". April 8, 2010. Pharmacy News EU. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Medpace acquires European CRO". January 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Morrison, Natalie (November 2012). "http://www.outsourcing-pharma.com/Commercial-Services/Medpace-boost-EU-device-offering-through-Meditech-takeover". Outsourcing Pharma. Retrieved 11 April 2013. External link in