Mee bandung Muar
|Alternative names||Mee bandung|
|Place of origin||Malaysia|
|Region or state||Johor|
Mee bandung Muar, or simply Mee bandung, is a traditional cuisine originated from Muar, Johor, Malaysia. The word bandung in its name derives from the literal meaning of the word in the Malay language, which is "mixed" or "pairs", as in several Malay words like Sirap bandung (rose syrup beverage mixed with condensed milk) and Rumah berbandung (semi-detached house). It is a misconception to think that the name indicates that Mee bandung originated in Bandung, a city in Indonesia; the two are unrelated.
Mee bandung is a cuisine that originally consisted only of noodles and eggs in addition to a soup made of a mixture of chilli, onion, spices, shrimp paste and dried shrimp. Later it was improved by the addition of shrimp, meat, fish cakes and vegetables. Even though Mee bandung is now available throughout Malaysia, the version served in Muar is still considered the best.
- "Pelancong/Makanan dan Hidangan/Mi bandung", Portal Rasmi Kerajaan Johor Darul Takzim, Johor, Malaysia: Kerajaan Negeri Johor, 5 March 2009, archived from the original on 2010-04-15, retrieved 5 April 2010
- Beh Heng Jian (4 November 2018). "Best Mee Bandung in PJ". Food Advisor. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Nurul Hidayati (4 June 2007), "Mee Bandung di Kuala Lumpur", detikNews, Jakarta Indonesia: detikNews, archived from the original on 21 January 2013, retrieved 5 April 2010
- Dato' Mohd Anim Hosnan (4 August 2011). "MEE BANDUNG MUAR" (in Malay). Blog Anim Agro Technology. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- DENAIHATI (18 February 2016). "Mee Bandung Muar". Denai.my : CATATAN KEMBARA DUNIA. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Johor Cuisine/Food [permanent dead link]
- Mee Bandung recipe - in Malay