Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Pinky Sarkar, better known as Meenakshi, is an Indian film actress, who appears in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam language films. She is probably best known for her performance as Raasathi in her debut film Karuppusamy Kuththagaithaarar.
Meenakshi first appeared in two Telugu ventures, the historical fiction Hanumanthu  and the devotional film Sri Satyanarayana Swamy, under her birth name Pinky Sarkar; the latter featured her as goddess Lakshmi, with a reviewer from Indiaglitz.com writing that she "failed to emote well".
In 2007, She made her Tamil debut in Karuppusamy Kuththagaithaarar, playing the role of Raasathi, a first year medical student. She made an impression in the film and was subsequently flooded with similar girl next door roles. Not wanting to becoming typecast, she rejected all roles, took a break from acting and completed her education before returning to Chennai.
In 2009, she had her next Tamil release, TN 07 AL 4777, which was a remake of the Hindi film Taxi No. 9211. She played the role of Pooja, a "rich extrovert and party loving cosmopolitan girl", for which she went in for a fashion makeover. That year, she starred in two more Tamil films, Sundar C.'s Perumal and Raghava Lawrence's Rajadhi Raja, besides making a special appearance in a third, Vishal's Thoranai; however all films were box office failures. The following year, she was seen in Karu Pazhaniappan's Mandhira Punnagai and Agam Puram, after which she did not act for over three years as she was pursuing her MBA degree and taking care of her father who was not well.
Work after sabbatical (2014–present)
|2007||Sri Satyanarayana Swamy||Lakshmi||Telugu|
|2009||TN 07 AL 4777||Pooja||Tamil|
|2014||Vellaikaara Durai||Tamil||Special appearance|
- "Meenakshi makes a mark". The Hindu.
- "வருஷத்துக்கு ஒரு குத்தாட்டம் : மீனாட்சியின் புது முடிவு". Dinamalar.
- "Srihari paired with Manasa in "Hanumanthu"".
- "Sri Satyanarayana Swamy review. Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Telugu movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz.
- "Of different shades". The Hindu.
- "Meenakshi is in love with Tamil films". The Times of India.
- "Actress Meenakshi - Interview - Behindwoods.com - Tamil Movie Actress Interviews - TN-07-AL-4777 Pasupathi Simran Meenakshi Ajmal".
- "Meenakshi joins the glam brigade". Sify.
- "A hopeful Meenakshi returns". The New Indian Express.
- "Happy to be a part of Dhanush's film". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Meenakshi to make her comeback with Parthepan". The Times of India.