|Member of Parliament and General Secretary of the AICC|
15th Lok Sabha
|Preceded by||Laxminarayan Pandey|
|Constituency||Mandsaur , Madhya Pradesh|
23 July 1973 |
Nagada, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Alma mater||M.Sc., (Biochemistry), LL.B. at Holkar Science College, GACC Indore, DAVV University, Madhya Pradesh|
Meenakshi Natarajan (born July 23, 1973) is an Indian politician and former Member of Parliament from Mandsaur in the 15th Lok Sabha, her single term in parliament. She is also AICC secretary and is known to be a close to Rahul Gandhi.
Meenakshi Natarajan was born in Birlagram Nagda, Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. She is a post graduate in Biochemistry and did her Bachelor's degree in Law. She completed her study in Indore Madhya Pradesh. Ratlam was the Place where she started her political career right joining after NSUI.
She was selected by Rahul Gandhi for contesting from Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh. in 2009 general elections, which she won by over 30,000 votes defeating her BJP opponent Dr Laxmi Narayan Pandey who has been winning since 1971. She had coined the slogan Pradesh elections.
She was defeated by Sudhir Gupta of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from the Mandsaur constituency in Madhya Pradesh by a margin of over 300,000 votes. She had emerged as a 'consensus candidate' through the primary, which is piloted by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi. Her opponent Surendra Sethi has alleged that the primary was rigged.
- Team Rahul hopes to make a difference - Times Of India
- About Meenakshi
- The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Rahuls backroom boys and girl
- A Really Stupid Idea | OPEN Magazine
- Welcome to Frontline : Vol. 29 :: No. 20
- 100% success rate for Sonia in MP
- A Younger Generation Changes the Face of India's Legislature
- "General Election to Lok Sabha Result 2014". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 6 June 2014.