|Single by Train|
|from the album Train|
|Length||4:00 (Album Version)|
3:44 (Pop Version)
|Train singles chronology|
"Meet Virginia" is a song written and recorded by American roots rock band Train. It was released in October 1999 as the second single from their eponymous first album, Train. The song reached a peak of number 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in January 2000, becoming their first top 20 hit, and their first single to chart on the Hot 100. It also reached the Top 30 of Billboard's rock charts, Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks (number 21) and Alternative Songs (number 25).
Roxanne Blanford of Allmusic says "Meet Virginia" is one of a few songs from the album Train that has "inspired hooks and reflective lyrics". Christa L. Titus, of Billboard magazine in her review of their second album, called the song an "ode to a wrong-side-of-the-tracks girl full of quirky contradictions."
"Meet Virginia" has a music video that takes place in a country diner and stars the actress Rebecca Gayheart. The video was shot at the Merritt Bakery and Restaurant in Oakland, California. Located on the south-western shore of Lake Merritt at 203 East 18th Street, the restaurant closed for renovation in September 2015 but never re-opened, ending 63 years of business. The restaurant would eventually re-open as a take-out venue on the site of a former fast-food/hamburger shop at 500 Lake Park Avenue, located on the east side of Lake Merritt and alongside Interstate 580. Owner Charles Griffis told "East Bay Express" that the location is only temporary and he's looking for a long-term solution. The former site remains empty.
- Meet Virginia (Pop Version) 3:44
- Meet Virginia (Album Version) 4:00
- If You Leave (Live) 3:26
- I Am (Live) 3:26
- I Am (Live) 4:35
- Train (Live) 5:50
- "Train - Awards : AllMusic". Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Blanford, Roxanne. Train - Review. Allmusic.com.
- Billboard, April 7, 2001 - Vol. 113, No. 14, Page 18.
- "Australian-charts.com – Train – Meet Virginia". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Top RPM Singles: Issue 10026." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Top RPM Adult Contemporary: Issue 9693." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Top RPM Rock/Alternative Tracks: Issue 8376." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Meet Virginia - Train: Chart History. Billboard.com.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 2000". Archived from the original on March 4, 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
|This pop song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|