Meg LeFauve is an American screenwriter.
LeFauve began her film career as a producer and President of Egg Pictures, Jodie Foster's film company. During that time, LeFauve produced films which were nominated for an Emmy, a Golden Globe, and was awarded a Peabody for Jane Anderson's Showtime film, The Baby Dance. LeFauve produced “The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys” for Egg Pictures. Starring Kieran Culkin, Jodie Foster and Vincent D'Onofrio, the film opened to rave reviews and won the 2003 IFP Spirit Award for Best First Feature.
LeFauve was a mentor at Meryl Streep's writer's lab, and is currently a consultant to Screen New South Wales, Screen Australia, and Film Victoria. She has mentored at the Sundance Creative Producer Lab and is a Board Member and returning participant at CineStory Script Sessions. LeFauve has taught at AFI and served as co-chair of the Graduate Producers Program at UCLA's School of Film and Television, where she taught master level story and development classes for over seven years.
She was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for co-writing the script for Pixar's Inside Out. She was nominated for Primetime Emmy Awards in 1999 for producing The Baby Dance. She also produced the 2002 film The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys. She also wrote the script for The Good Dinosaur (and also co-wrote the story). LeFauve co-received a "story by" credit on the live action Captain Marvel movie.
|1998||The Baby Dance||No||Yes||No|
|2000||Waking the Dead||No||No||Yes||Special thanks|
|2002||The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys||No||Yes||No|
|2010-2011||Gigantic||Yes||No||No||3 episodes: "Perfect Complications"|
"Back to Normal"
|2015||Inside Out||Yes||No||No||Annie Award for Writing in a Feature Production |
Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated – Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated – BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated – Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated – Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated – Satellite Award for Best Original Screenplay
|The Good Dinosaur||Yes||No||No|
|2016||Finding Dory||No||No||Yes||Special thanks|
|The Man Who Saved Ben-Hur||No||No||Yes||Special thanks|
|2018||Incredibles 2||No||No||Yes||Special thanks|
- Galloway, Stephen; Belloni, Matthew (17 December 2015). "Amy Schumer, Aaron Sorkin and Four More Top Scribes on Sexism and How to Deal With Steve Jobs' Widow". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Meg LeFauve".
- "NPR "This Oscar Nominee Could've Been An Executive. Instead, She's A Screenwriter"". Cultural Weekly. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "Pixar's 'Inside Out' Updated Synopsis, Writing Credits". Stitch Kingdom. March 27, 2015. Archived from the original on March 29, 2015. Retrieved March 28, 2015.
- "51st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominees/Winners 1999". emmys.com. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- HOLDEN, STEPHEN (June 14, 2002). "The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys (2002)". nytimes.com. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- Kit, Borys (April 13, 2015). "'Captain Marvel' Movie Targets 'Inside Out' and 'Guardians' Writers". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- "Joe Forte and Meg LeFauve".
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|