Meg Lee Chin
Meg Lee Chin
|Associated acts||Pigface, Teknofear, Crunch|
Meg Lee Chin is a British singer and musician. She is best known for her work with the anarchic industrial supergroup Pigface, headed by Martin Atkins of Invisible Records. She built her own recording studio dubbed Egg, where she recorded her first album, and after appearing on Pigface's 1997 LP A New High in Low as well as its follow-up, Below the Belt, she released the solo debut Piece and Love in 1999. An album of remixes, titled Junkies and Snakes, was released the following year. Signed to Invisible for five years, she left the label in 2002.
Meg Lee Chin was born in Taipei, Taiwan, to a US Air Force electronics engineer and mother who was Taiwanese. After building a radio at age ten, she worked as a sound engineer while studying experimental art and video production at San Francisco State University, forming her first band, Felix Natural, during the early 1980s. Chin went on to co-found the short-lived Teknofear with Lunachicks drummer Becky Wreck and Swans guitarist Joe Goldring; frustrated with American life, she spent the late 1980s living in London, and eventually formed the all-female band Crunch.
Her debut album Piece and Love was recorded in her London flat. Released in September 1999, the album achieved critical acclaim on the darkwave, industrial underground scene and was hot-tipped in Billboard magazine.
Other works include a remix album Junkies and Snakes, also released on Invisible, along with some remixed covers of Ministry, David Bowie and Dead Kennedys tracks. A notable track, "Nutopia", paints an apocalyptic vision of the future as a twist on Allen Ginsberg's poem "Howl". Tracks have appeared on Showtime's "Queer as Folk", Warner Bros. Records "Witchblade"  and "Sleeper Cell".
Piece And Love (1999)
- Heavy Scene (Yeah!)
- Swallowing You
- Swallowing You - Subgenius mix
Junkies And Snakes (2000)
- Thing (Critter Fish Mix)
- Heavy Scene (Radio Edit)
- And God She Created Civilization
- Nutopia (Subgenius Mix)
- Bottle (J. Hotrod Mix)
- Heavy Scene (Bag Full Of Fun Mix)
- Bittersweet And Sour
- "Listen to free music and watch videos with the largest music catalogue online". Last.fm. 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Meg lee Chin". Archived from the original on November 3, 2006. Retrieved December 1, 2007.
- [dead link]
- "Piece & Love: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Invisible Records Home". Invisiblerecords.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Queer as Folk - Season 1, Episode 1: Premiere". TV.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
-  Archived November 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "Sleeper Cell: Amazon.co.uk: Music". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Gearslutz.com". Gearslutz.com. Retrieved 2015-01-06.