DreamCatcher Interactive (North America)
|Platform(s)||Windows, PlayStation 2|
MegaRace 3 is a racing/vehicular combat video game developed by Cryo Interactive in 2002, released for Windows and the Sony PlayStation 2. MegaRace 3 is the third game in the MegaRace series, after MegaRace and MegaRace 2.
This game also features host, Lance Boyle, played by Christian Erickson. It renders the game graphics in full real-time 3D, unlike the previous two games.
On 15 April 2014 it was announced conversions of the entire MegaRace Trilogy were being made for mobile and tablet devices along with a reboot of the franchise on PCs, game consoles, mobile, and tablet devices by ZOOM Platform and Jordan Freeman Group. Industry veteran, Bernie Stolar, is the Chairman of ZOOM and Jordan Freeman Group and was quoted in the press release.
On 28 June 2014, a second teaser video featuring Christian Erickson as "Lance Boyle" appeared on YouTube, this time advertising a Summer Sale to promote the franchise's reboot and trilogy re-releases.
On 5 December 2014, a third teaser video featuring Christian Erickson as "Lance Boyle" appeared on YouTube, this video was described as "A Conversation With Christian Erickson", it started off as a traditional cast interview of the actor and then morphed into a "Lance Boyle" character interview.
On 8 May 2015, ZOOM Platform and the Jordan Freeman Group unveiled their first footage from the MegaRace Reboot, they presented showroom views of the "re-construction" of the MARIA car from the original MegaRace.
On 15 May 2015, ZOOM Platform and the Jordan Freeman Group unveiled showroom and in-action views of the "re-construction" of the OUZBEL car, as well as screenshots of the TOKYO track with the OUZBEL car on the Twitch show, GatorBox. The reveal was recorded and eventually posted to YouTube on 19 May 2015.
A brand new re-recording of the NEWSAN theme music from the original MegaRace recorded by ZOOM Platform and the Jordan Freeman Group was also unveiled on the Twitch show, GatorBox, and used as the introduction music for the reveal on 15 May 2015.
On November 13, 2015, ZOOM Platform and the Jordan Freeman Group revealed that Stéphane Picq, original musical composer for MegaRace 1, had joined the MegaRace Reboot Team and would be composing the soundtrack with other team members, including Jordan Freeman and Max Petrosky, along with some special guests. The news had actually broken on the previous day, November 12, 2015, via the MegaRace Reboot's official Facebook page.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)
- "Mobile game startup Zoom debuts with the familiar face of Sony, Sega vet Bernie Stolar as its chairman - GamesBeat - Games - by Dean Takahashi". VentureBeat. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- The Glorious Return of Lance Boyle! - MegaRace Reboot - IndieGoGo. YouTube. 18 June 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "FMV classic MegaRace's rebirth brings back its original host along with cheesy videos - GamesBeat - Games - by Jeff Grubb". VentureBeat. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Lance Boyle Announces MegaRace Summer Sale at ZOOM-Platform.com!. YouTube. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- MegaRace Reboot - Lance Boyle - Christian Erickson - Interview. YouTube. 5 December 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "MegaRace Reboot". Facebook. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- EXCLUSIVE Megarace IV Car Reveal - Megarace IV. YouTube. 19 May 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Das schnellste PC-Rennspiel ist zurück" [The fastest PC racing game is back] (in German). PC Games. 6 January 2002. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- Mandel, Bob (4 February 2002). "MegaRace 3 PC review". The Adrenaline Vault. Archived from the original on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Test de MegaRace 3 sur PC" [MegaRace 3 tested on PC] (in French). Jeuxvideo. 13 December 2001. Retrieved 2 November 2014.