Mega (Chilean television channel)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Launched||October 23, 1990|
|Owned by||Grupo Bethia (72.5%)
Discovery Communications (27.5%)
|Audience share||24.5% (May, 2005, )|
|Slogan||Mi Mega (My Mega)|
|Formerly called||Red Televisiva Megavisión (1990-2001)|
|Digital ISDB-Tb (Santiago)||Channel 27|
|Analog (Santiago)||Channel 9|
|Analog (Greater Concepción)||Channel 2|
|Analog (Greater Valparaiso)||Channel 5|
Mega (stylized as MEGA, originally named Red Televisiva Megavisión) is a Chilean private television network headquartered in Santiago. It currently airs on digital frequency channel 27 (ISDB-Tb) for HDTV. In 2012, ownership of Mega Channel was transferred from Claro Group to Bethia Group.
Mega began broadcasting on 23 October 1990. It was originally named Red Televisiva Megavisión before changing its name in 2001. It is the first private broadcaster in Chile.
Among the many TV shows broadcast on MEGA are:
- Casado con hijos (remake of Married... with Children) (sitcom)
- Más Vale Tarde (Late night Talk show)
- Morandé con Compañía (variety show)
- Mucho gusto (breakfast television)
- Ahora Noticias (Daily News brand)
- El Tiempo en Mega (Climate show)
- Histoias que nos Reúnen (Sunday Cultural Program)
- 1992-2001: Megavisión, mucho que ver (Megavision, much to see.)
- 2001-2010: Mega, ¡Se Vive! (Mega, It lives!.)
- 2010-2013: Mega, ¡me gusta! (Mega, I like it!)
- 2013-2015: Mega, cambia contigo (Mega, changes with you.)
- 2015-present: Mi Mega (My Mega)
- "Anatel Mega". Anatel. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "December 30, 2011 Important Chilean group acquires Mega free-to-air TV channel". nextvlatam.com. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Official Site (Spanish)
- El "aterrizaje" de Bethia en Mega: Los primeros pasos del nuevo controlador / The "landing" of Bethia in Mega: The first steps of the new controller (Spanish)
|This article about a television station in Chile is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|