This article does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Godzilla film series character|
|First appearance||Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)|
|Latest appearance||Godzilla: Rulers of Earth (2013-14)|
Megalon is a bipedal, humanoid, beetle-like burrowing insect standing at 55 meters (180 feet) tall and weighing 40,000 metric tons (44,092 short tons). Megalon possess two drill-like front appendages, which it uses both for burrowing and as weapons, and a set of wings usually covered by a beetle-like shell. The creature can fly at speeds of up to Mach 3, burrow underground at speeds of up to Mach 2, and swim at speeds of up to Mach 4. Megalon also has a horn (similar to a rhinoceros beetle) from which it can fire lightning-like bolts of electricity, and it is capable of spitting napalm bombs from its mouth.
In Godzilla vs. Megalon, Megalon is worshipped as a deity by the people of the subterranean kingdom known as Seatopia. The Seatopians unleash Megalon on the surface world as revenge for the damage caused to Seatopia through reckless nuclear testing. During his assault on the surface world, Megalon comes into conflict with Godzilla and Jet Jaguar.
- Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)
- Godzilla Trading Battle (PlayStation - 1998)
- Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (GCN, Xbox - 2002/2003)
- Godzilla: Domination! (GBA - 2002)
- Godzilla: Save the Earth (Xbox, PS2 - 2004)
- Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii - 2007)
- Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash (NDS - 2007)
- Godzilla: Unleashed (PS2 - 2007)