Megamind (video game)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Megamind: Ultimate Showdown North American cover art for Xbox 360
|Developer(s)||THQ Studio Australia (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)|
Tantalus Media (PSP, DS)
Megamind is a video game based on the DreamWorks Animation animated movie of the same name. Several licensed video game tie-ins that were developed or published by THQ were released on November 2, 2010, to coincide with the film's release. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version is titled Megamind: Ultimate Showdown, the Wii version is titled Megamind: Mega Team Unite while the PlayStation Portable and Nintendo DS versions are both titled Megamind: The Blue Defender. It was the last DreamWorks Animation game released for PlayStation Portable.
The player has the ability to play as Megamind by using his De-Gun to vaporize enemies. The game contains hidden loot and upgrades acquired by various amounts of B.I.N.K.E.Y. If there is a second player, the player can play as a Brainbot that assists Megamind.
After Megamind became the hero of Metro City, Minion told him that a group of villains known as the Doom Syndicate took Metro Man and Megamind's DNA. Megamind must defeat them and save Metro City.
- "Megamind: Ultimate Showdown Critic Reviews for PlayStation 3". Metacritic. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- "Megamind: Ultimate Showdown Critic Reviews for Xbox 360". Metacritic. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- "Megamind: The Blue Defender Critic Reviews for Nintendo DS". Metacritic. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- "Megamind: The Blue Defender Critic Reviews for PlayStation Portable". Metacritic. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- Baker, Martin (December 11, 2010). "Dreamworks' Megamind - Ultimate Showdown Review (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)". GamersNexus. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- Healy, Christopher (2010). "Megamind: Ultimate Showdown Game Review". Common Sense Media. Retrieved February 12, 2018.