|Pronunciation||// (MEG-ən), // (MEEG-ən), or // (MAY-gən)
Welsh pronunciation: [ˈmɛɡan]
|Related names||Meg, Margaret|
Problems playing this file? See media help.
Megan (also spelled Meghan, Meagan, Meaghan etc.) is a Welsh female given name, originally a pet form of Meg or Meggie, which is itself a short form of Margaret. Megan is one of the most popular Welsh names in Wales and England; it is commonly truncated to Meg. Nowadays, it is generally used as an independent name rather than as a nickname.
Megan was one of the most popular girls' names in the English-speaking world in the 1990s, peaking in 1990 in the United States  and 1999 in the United Kingdom. Approximately 54 percent of people named Megan born in the US were born in 1990 or later.
- Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (Rachel Meghan Markle; born 1981), former American actress and member of the British Royal Family
- Megan Boone (born 1983), American actress
- Megan Danso (born 1990), Canadian actress
- Meagen Fay (born 1957), American actress
- Megan Follows (born 1968), Canadian actress
- Megan Fox (born 1986), American actress
- Meagan Good (born 1981), American actress
- Megan Hart (born 1971), American author
- Megan Hauserman (born 1981), American model and reality TV star
- Megan Hilty (born 1981), American actress
- Megan Jendrick (born 1984), American swimmer
- Megan Kanka (1986–1994), American crime victim
- Megyn Kelly (born 1970), American news anchor and journalist
- Megan Lloyd George (born 1902), Welsh politician
- Meaghan Martin (born 1992), American actress
- Megan McDonald (born 1959), American writer
- Meagan Miller, American opera soprano
- Megan Mullally (born 1958), American actress
- Megyn Price (born 1971), American actress
- Megan Rapinoe (born 1985), American association football player
- Meghann Shaughnessy (born 1979), American tennis player
- Megan Timpf (born 1984), Canadian softball player
- Meghan Trainor (born 1993), American singer/songwriter
- Megan Young (born 1990), Filipina-American actress and Miss World
- Meggan, a fictional comic book superhero appearing in books published by Marvel Comics
- Megan "Meg" Griffin, a character in the television series Family Guy
- Megan Parker, a character in the television series Drake & Josh
- Megan Sparkles, a character in the television series Sanjay and Craig
- Megan Macey, a character in the television series Emmerdale
- Meagan Aylward and Megan Hounsell, characters in the 2011 film Cyberbully
- Megan Williams, a character from the TV series My Little Pony
- Megan Harries, owner of Cwmderi's chapel, Bethania, in the Welsh soap Pobol y Cwm
- MEGAN, a bioinformatics software for metagenomics
- Megan, a locality north-east of Dorrigo, New South Wales
- Mehigan, an Irish language surname that has the variants Megan, Meaghan and Meighan
- "Common Welsh Girls Names". Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- Hanks, Patrick; Hodges, Flavia (1990). A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford University Press. pp. 232–33. ISBN 0-19-211651-7.
- "Girl Name Megan – Trends, Comments and Popularity of Megan". www.babynameshub.com. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- Powell-Smith, Anna. "Baby Names in England & Wales". English Baby Names. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|