Boone at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con
April 29, 1983 |
Petoskey, Michigan, U.S.
Megan Boone (born April 29, 1983) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as FBI agent/profiler-turned blacklist consultant Elizabeth Keen on the NBC drama series The Blacklist. She was also a regular on Law & Order: LA and has appeared in films such as My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009) and Step Up Revolution (2012).
Boone was born in Petoskey, Michigan, and raised in The Villages, Florida. Her parents relocated there when she was a child to be closer to her grandparents. Her grandfather, H. Gary Morse, was The Villages' developer; and her mother, Jennifer Parr, is the Director of Sales. Boone studied acting as a student at Belleview High School, where she graduated in 2001. In 2005, she graduated from Florida State University's School of Theatre with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Acting. Boone studied with Jane Alexander and Edwin Sherin at the Asolo Repertory Theatre and workshopped with playwright Mark Medoff. Boone credits Jane Alexander with influencing her to continue acting despite expressing an interest in quitting early in her career.
Boone starred in the 2007 Los Angeles debut of the Charles L. Mee play Limonade Tous Les Jours and won two LA Weekly Theater Awards for her performance. Boone made her feature film debut in the horror film My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009), followed by a supporting role in Sex and the City 2 in 2010. During 2010 in her year in television, she portrayed Junior Deputy District Attorney Lauren Stanton in the short-lived NBC series Law & Order: LA. That same year, Boone made her directorial debut with the independent film "Eggshells for Soil," portions of which were shot in her hometown, The Villages, Florida. She has also appeared in Step Up Revolution (2012), the fourth film in the Step Up series.
Boone would later receive a starring role in the independent drama Leave Me Like You Found Me (2012), for which she won the Gen Art Film Festival Award for Best Actress. She had a recurring role on the CBS police drama series Blue Bloods in 2013, followed by her starring role of FBI agent Elizabeth Keen in the NBC series The Blacklist the same year.
In November 2015, Boone's rep confirmed that she and artist Dan Estabrook were expecting their first child together. In January 2016, during an appearance on Live! with Kelly and Michael, Boone revealed that she and Estabrook were engaged and expecting a baby girl. Boone gave birth to the couple's daughter, Caroline Boone Estabrook, on April 15, 2016.
|2007||The Mustachioed Bandit Meets His End||Kate|
|2009||My Bloody Valentine 3D||Megan|
|2010||The Myth of the American Sleepover||Kerri Sullivan|
|2010||Sex and the City 2||Allie|
|2012||Step Up Revolution||Claire Asa|
|2012||Leave Me Like You Found Me||Erin||Gen Art Film Festival Award for Best Actress|
|2013||Welcome to the Jungle||Lisa|
|2008||The Cleaner||Rae||Episode: "Five Little Words"|
|2008||Cold Case||Helen McCormick '60||Episode: "Wings"|
|2010||Harvard Medical School||Nell Larson||Unsold TV pilot|
|2010||HMS: White Coat||Nell Larson||Television film|
|2010–2011||Law & Order: LA||DDA Lauren Stanton||7 episodes|
|2013||Blue Bloods||Detective Candice McElroy||2 episodes|
|2013–present||The Blacklist||Elizabeth Keen||74 episodes|
|2014||Robot Chicken||Hannah Horvath / Kelly Garrett / Zira / Angie||2 episodes|
- Rorke, Robert; Getlen, Larry; Seibel, Deborah Starr (September 8, 2013). "Actors to watch this fall". New York Post. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "NBC's new hit show 'The Blacklist' stars talented local actress Megan Boone". Villages-News. September 30, 2013. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "Alum to Star in New NBC Series". Florida State University. September 6, 2013. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- "Megan Boone Bio | Elizabeth Keen | The Blacklist |". NBC. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- "NBC's new hit show 'The Blacklist' stars talented local actress Megan Boone". Villages-News. September 30, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- Morgan, Terry (August 5, 2007). "Review: 'Limonade Tous Les Jours'". Variety. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Morris, Steven Leigh (April 8, 2008). "The 29th Annual L.A. Weekly Theater Awards". LA Weekly. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Wax, Alyse (January 16, 2009). "'My Bloody Valentine 3D' Gives Us a Boone!". Fearnet. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- Lowe, Justin (July 25, 2012). "Step Up Revolution: Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 13, 2013.
- Schoenbrun, Dan (March 12, 2012). "Five Questions with Leave Me Like You Found Me Director Adele Romanski". Filmmaker. Retrieved October 13, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (October 25, 2012). "Megan Boone To Do Arc On 'Blue Bloods' As Danny's Partner, Subs For Jennifer Esposito". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- Nellie Andreeva (March 1, 2013). "Megan Boone Cast As Female Lead In NBC Pilot 'Blacklist'". Deadline.com. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- Leon, Anya; Michaud, Sarah (November 16, 2015). "Megan Boone Expecting First Child". People.com. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "The Blacklist's Megan Boone Reveals Baby's Gender". Accesshollywood.com. January 18, 2016. Retrieved March 31, 2016.
- Leon, Anya (April 20, 2016). "Megan Boone Welcomes Daughter Caroline". People.com. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- Dawn, Randee (April 20, 2016). "Blacklist Star Megan Boone Welcomes Daughter". Today.com. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Megan Boone.|