Megan Clark in 2010
|Chief Executive of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation|
January 2009 – December 2014 (planned)
|Alma mater||University of Western Australia
Dr. Megan Elizabeth Clark, AC, is an Australian scientist. She was Chief Executive of the Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) between January 2009 and December 2014. The CSIRO is Australia’s national science agency and one of the top 10 applied research organisations in the world and Megan Clark is its first female chief executive. She is also a principal of the Global Research Alliance, of which CSIRO is a founding member.
Clark was awarded a BSc(Hons) in Economic Geology at the University of Western Australia in 1981, and a Doctorate in Economic Geology at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario in 1987. She began her career as a mine geologist and subsequently worked in mineral exploration, mine geology, R&D management, venture capital and technical strategy areas with Western Mining Corporation. She became Vice President Technology with BHP Billiton, followed by Vice President, Health, Safety, Environment, Community and Sustainability.
Clark is a member of the Prime Minister’s Science, Engineering and Innovation Council, as well as the Prime Minister’s Taskforce on Manufacturing. She is also a Commissioner on the International Commission on Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change, a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
In the 2014 Queen's Birthday Honours List, Clark was appointed as a Companion of the Order of Australia (AC), for "eminent service to scientific research and development through fostering innovation, to science administration through strategic leadership roles, and to the development of public policy for technological sciences".
The Rio Tinto board announced that Clark would join the board as a non-executive director with effect from 20 November 2014. Clark has had an extensive career in both the private and public sector in Australia, combining expertise in the metals and mining business with high-level experience in science, research and technology
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Megan Clark.|
- "Search begins for new CSIRO Chief Executive" (Press release). CSIRO. 27 February 2014. Archived from the original on 26 July 2014.
- Donaldson, David. "CSIRO appoints venture capitalist Larry Marshall as new CEO". The Mandarin (9 October 2014). Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Mannheim, Markus (9 June 2014). "Queen's birthday honour for CSIRO chief Megan Clark". The Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). Archived from the original on 26 July 2014.
- Dr Megan Clark, Chief Executive, CSIRO, 21 January 2014, archived from the original on 26 June 2014
- Ryan, Siobhain (4 September 2008). "CSIRO discovers its new chief at BHP". The Australian. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "DIISR Website". Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Companion (AC) in the General Division of the Order of Australia" (PDF). 8 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Search Australian Honours: CLARK, Megan Elizabeth", itsanhonour.gov.au (Australian Government), archived from the original on 26 July 2014
|Chief Executive of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
2009 – 2014
|This Australian biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|