|Alma mater||Vassar College|
University of York
Megan Crane (born c. 1973) is an American novelist.
She was born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Ridgewood, New Jersey. She is the granddaughter of the late Robert F. Goheen, the 16th president of Princeton University and former United States Ambassador to India and is also the great great granddaughter of Sir James Caruthers Rhea Ewing (1854-1925), distinguished Presbyterian missionary educator in what is now Pakistan. Crane graduated from Vassar College, and has an M.A. and Ph.D. in Literature from the University of York in York, England. She is married to Jeff Johnson, the American comic book artist, animator, and one of the founders of the original Drink and Draw Social Club. She was married on July 22nd 2017.
Crane is the author of more than eighty novels, novellas, essays, and short stories.
Chick lit and Women's fiction
- English as a Second Language was published by Warner Books in 2004.
- Everyone Else's Girl was published by Warner Books' 5 Spot imprint in 2005.
- Frenemies was a Book Sense Notable in July 2007. It was also nominated for an RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award in Chick Lit for 2007.
- Names My Sisters Call Me was published by Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books) in 2008.
- I Love the 80s, was published by Quercus Books in the UK in March 2011 and Once More With Feeling came out from Quercus in December 2012. Both of these books were released for the North American market by Tule Publishing in 2014.
As Caitlin Crews from St. Martin's Press:
The Cold River Ranch series:
- A True Cowboy Christmas (October 2018)
- Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy (August 2019)
- The Last Real Cowboy (Winter 2020)
As Megan Crane from Tule Publishing:
- Tempt Me, Cowboy was published in September 2013, the first novella in the Copper Mountain Rodeo series, the flagship e-book project from Tule Publishing's Montana Born imprint.
- A Game of Brides was published in May 2014 as part of the Montana Born Brides series, and was nominated for the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA Award in 2015.
- Please Me, Cowboy was published in September 2014 as part of the Montana Born Rodeo series.
- Come Home for Christmas, Cowboy was published in November 2014 as part of the Montana Born Christmas series, and was part of the 2015 Montana Born Christmas boxed set that hit the USA Today Bestseller list at #78.
- In Bed with the Bachelor was published in March 2015 as part of the Montana Born Bachelor Auction series.
- Her novella "Project Virgin" originally appeared in a self-published boxed set with other authors called Love Ever After, which debuted on the USA Today Bestseller List at #138. It then came out as a single title from Tule Publishing in January 2016.
- Cody was published in May 2017 as part of the American Extreme Bull Riders series.
- Have Yourself A Crazy Little Christmas was published in October 2017.
The Alaska Force series from Berkley Books:
- SEAL's Honor (November 2018)
- Sniper's Pride (May 2019)
- Sergeant's Christmas Siege (October 2019)
- Make You Burn (August 2015) Book One in the Deacons of Bourbon Street series featuring multiple authors, from Loveswept, a division of Random House. The entire Deacons of Bourbon Street series was published by Headline Eternal in the UK.
- Devil's Honor (November 2016), the first in the Devil's Keepers outlaw MC series, a spin-off of Crane's Deacons of Bourbon Street book.
- Devil's Mark (January 2017)
- Devil's Own (May 2017)
Dystopian Viking erotic romance
- Edge of Obsession (January 2016) Book One in the Edge series from St. Martin's Press.
- Edge of Temptation (April 2016)
- Edge of Control (July 2016)
- Edge of Power (March 2017)
- Edge of Ruin (August 2017) featuring three novellas set in Crane's post-apocalyptic, futuristic world, "Danger's Edge," "Need's Edge," and "Raider's Edge."
She has also written a number of work-for-hire young adult novels under different names, but does not reveal their titles. The first of these hit the New York Times Bestseller list in 2005.
Harlequin category romance
Her debut, Pure Princess, Bartered Bride, was published in February 2010, debuting on the USA Today Bestseller List at #112.
Subsequent novels for Presents include:
- Majesty, Mistress...Missing Heir (October 2010 in North America; May 2010 in the UK)
- Katrakis's Last Mistress (September 2010 in the UK; published as Katrakis's Sweet Prize in North America in March 2011)
- Princess from the Past (February 2011 in the UK; February 2012 in North America where the book debuted on the USA Today Bestseller List at #89)
- The Shameless Playboy (May 2011 in the UK; published as The Disgraced Playboy in North America in August 2011)
- The Replacement Wife (August 2011 in the UK; June 2012 in North America)
- Heiress Behind the Headlines (October 2011 in the UK; October 2012 in North America)
- The Man Behind the Scars (June 2012 in the UK; August 2012 in North America)
- In Defiance of Duty (June 2012 in the UK; available in e-book in North America)
- A Devil In Disguise (November 2012 in the UK; available as part of a 2in1 with Not Just The Boss's Plaything in December 2013 )
- No More Sweet Surrender (February 2013 in UK and US), which was nominated for an RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award in Harlequin Presents for 2013.
- A Royal Without Rules (August 2013 in UK and US), which was nominated for the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA Award in 2014.
- A Scandal in the Headlines (August 2013 in the UK; November 2013 in North America), which was nominated for an RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award in Harlequin Presents for 2013.
- Not Just The Boss's Plaything (December 2013)
- Scandalize Me (June 2014), Book Two in the trade paperback Fifth Avenue Trilogy featuring three different authors
- Undone By the Sultan's Touch (August 2014), which was accorded the rare 4 1/2 Gold rating meaning: "Phenomenal. In a class by itself." by RT Book Reviews and was also nominated for an RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award in Harlequin Presents for 2014.
- His For a Price (October 2014), Book One in the Vows of Convenience series
- His For Revenge (December 2014), Book Two in the Vows of Convenience series
- At the Count's Bidding (February 2015), which was nominated for an RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award in Harlequin Presents for 2015.
- Greek's Last Redemption (May 2015)
- Protected the Desert Heir (June 2015) Book One in the Scandalous Sheikh Brides series
- The Billionaire's Innocent (June 2015 in serialized chunks; July 2015 in full) Book Three in the Forbidden Trilogy featuring three different authors
- Traded to the Desert Sheikh (September 2015) Book Two in the Scandalous Sheikh Brides series
- Unwrapping the Castelli Secret (November 2015)
- Castelli's Virgin Widow (February 2016)
- Expecting a Royal Scandal (June 2016), which was nominated for an RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award in Series Romance for 2016
- The Return of the Di Sione Wife (October 2016)
- The Guardian's Virgin Ward (December 2016)
- Bride by Royal Decree (February 2017)
- The Prince's Nine-month Scandal (June 2017) Book One in the Scandalous Royal Brides series
- The Billioniare's Secret Princess (July 2017) Book Two in the Scandalous Royal Brides series
- Undone by the Billionaire Duke (October 2017)
- A Baby to Bind His Bride (January 2018)
- Imprisoned by the Greek's Ring (April 2018)
- The Bride's Baby of Shame (July 2018) Book Two in the Stolen Brides duet with Jane Porter
- Sheikh's Secret Love-Child (November 2018) Book Four in the Bound to the Desert King quartet with three other authors
- My Bought Virgin Wife (January 2019)
- The Italian's Twin Consequences (May 2019)
- Untamed Billionaire's Innocent (June 2019), which is Caitlin Crews's 50th book for Harlequin
- His Two Royal Secrets (July 2019)
- Unwrapping the Innocent's Secret (November 2019)
Her novella "The Reluctant Queen" appears in an anthology called A Royal Engagement (April 2011 in the UK as part of an anthology called A Royal Wedding; November 2011 in North America). She has also written a number of short stories for Presents, Dare, and Woman's World, including "His Christmas Captive" (2011), "His Wife by Christmas" (2013), "Strangers in the Sauna" (2014), "A New Leaf" (2018), "Captured by a Desert King" (2018), and "Unruly" (2018).
Her Dare novels include:
- Unleashed (October 2018) Book One in the Hotel Temptation series
- Undone (December 2018) Book Two in the Hotel Temptation series
- Untamed (March 2019) Book Three in the Hotel Temptation series
- The Risk (October 2019) Book Two in a quartet with three other authors
In addition to writing books, Crane has taught creative writing courses online at mediabistro and at the prestigious UCLA Extension Writers' Program. She has also contributed essays to It's a Wonderful Lie: 26 Truths About Life in Your Twenties, edited by Emily Franklin, Everything I Needed To Know About Being a Girl I Learned From Judy Blume, edited by Jennifer O'Connell, Writing the Bestseller: Romantic and Commercial Fiction, edited by Jane Porter and Rebecca Lyles, Writing the Bestseller II: Romantic and Commercial Fiction, edited by Lindsey Stover, and A Paris All Your Own: Bestselling Women Writers on the City of Light, edited by Eleanor Brown.
- "Megan Crane, Jeffrey Johnson", The New York Times, March 16, 2008. Accessed October 4, 2008.
- Marshall, John. "Chick lit is alive and well in Megan Crane's latest novel, 'Frenemies'", Seattle Post-Intelligencer, June 28, 2007. Accessed October 4, 2008.