|Administrative region||Ionian Islands|
|• Municipality||22.356 km2 (8.632 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||309 m (1,014 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Municipality density||47/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||310 83|
Meganisi (Greek: Μεγανήσι, literally "big island") is a Greek island and municipality immediately to the east-southeast of the island of Lefkada. The municipality includes the offshore islands of Skorpios (pop. 2 persons) and Sparti. The municipality has an area of 22.356 km2. Its total population was 1,041 at the 2011 census.
The island has three villages: the central village of Katomeri (pop. 492) and the ports of Vathy (145) and Spartochori (453 inhabitants). There is also a harbour at Atheni Bay used mainly by fishing boats. Meganisi is connected with Lefkada by a car ferry service from Vathy and Spartochori. Meganisi has a school, a lyceum (middle school), an ATM, churches and a few squares (plateies). The island has no secondary school, so pupils attend the nearby school in Nydri, on Lefkada.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
- Official website (in English) (in Greek)
- News from Meganisi (in Greek)
- Ellomenos on GTP Travel Pages (in English and Greek)
|This Ionian Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|