Markle at the Paley Center in January 2013
|Born||Rachel Megan Markle
August 4, 1981
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Northwestern University|
|Occupation||Actress, fashion model, spokesmodel|
Rachel Meghan Markle (born August 4, 1981 in Los Angeles, California) is an American fashion model, spokesmodel, and actress. She is probably best known for her role as Rachel Zane on the USA legal drama Suits. She is formerly the model who held case #24 on the US version of the television game show Deal or No Deal and also played FBI special agent Amy Jessup in FOX's sci-fi thriller Fringe.
Markle was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Her mother is African-American and her father is of Dutch and Irish descent. Her father is a retired photography director and Markle spent her childhood on the set of Married...with Children.
In the past, she has expressed an interest in returning to school to pursue a Master's in International Diplomacy. Markle's acting career began unexpectedly when she was discovered at a party after her friend gave a manager a copy of Meghan's film in college to view. To support herself between acting jobs Markle worked as a freelance calligrapher.
In 2002, Markle got her start in an episode of the daytime soap opera, General Hospital. She's also appeared in television episodes of Century City, Cuts, Love, Inc., The War at Home, 90210, Knight Rider, Without a Trace, The Apostles, CSI: NY, The League, Castle and Suits. Markle has also made appearances in the films A Lot Like Love and Deceit.
Markle made her debut late in the first season of Deal or No Deal on April 12, 2006. Aside from a single appearance holding case #12, Markle was the regular model carrying case #24. Markle quit the show in early 2007. Markle also appeared as a 'mob' member and was interviewed on one episode of the game show "1 versus 100".
Markle appeared on Fringe as Junior Agent Amy Jessup in the first two episodes of its second season. Since July 2011 she portrays Rachel Zane, an "attractive paralegal working with Mike Ross (with his encyclopedic knowledge of the law) (Patrick J. Adams) and becomes his valuable after-hours research ally" on the USA Network show Suits.
Markle appeared in two 2010 films, Get Him to the Greek and Remember Me and one 2011 film, Horrible Bosses. She appeared in the short film The Candidate (seen on the KQED public television show ImageMakers: the Company of Men) as a secretary in 2012.
Meghan is also the founder of The TIG, "a hub for the discerning palate--those with a hunger for food, travel, fashion & beauty". This project aims "to create a space to share all of these loves--to invite friends to share theirs as well, and to be the breeding ground for ideas & excitement--for an inspired lifestyle". The website features food, travel, fashion, beauty, and "influencers".
|2005||A Lot Like Love||Natalie|
|2010||The Candidate||Kat||Short film|
|2010||Get Him to the Greek||Tatiana||Uncredited|
|2011||Horrible Bosses||FedEx Girl|
|2002||General Hospital||Jill||1 episode|
|2004||Century City||Natasha||"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Lose" (season 1: episode 4)|
|2005||Cuts||Cori||"My Boyfriend's Back" (season 1: episode 5)|
|2005||Love, Inc.||Teresa Santos||"One on One" (season 1: episode 9)|
|2006||The War at Home||Susan||"The Seventeen-Year Itch" (season 1: episode 17)|
|2006||CSI: NY||Veronica Perez||"Murder Sings the Blues" (season 3: episode 7)|
|2007||Deal or No Deal||Herself||Holder of Case #24; 4 episodes|
|2008||90210||Wendy||"We're Not in Kansas Anymore" (season 1: episode 1)
"The Jet Set" (season 1: episode 2)
|2008||'Til Death||Tara||"Joy Ride" (season 3: episode 2)|
|2009||Knight Rider||Annie Ortiz||"Fight Knight" (season 1: episode 14)|
|2009||Without a Trace||Holly Shepard||"Chameleon" (season 7: episode 15)|
|2009||Fringe||Junior FBI Agent Amy Jessup||"A New Day in the Old Town" (season 2: episode 1)
"Night of Desirable Objects" (season 2: episode 2)
|2009||The League||Random Girl||"The Bounce Test" (season 1: episode 2)|
|2010||CSI: Miami||Officer Leah Montoya||"Backfire" (season 8: episode 20)|
|2010||The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down||Dana||TV film|
|2011–present||Suits||Rachel Zane||Main Character; Series Regular|
|2012||Castle||Charlotte Boyd/Sleeping Beauty||"Once Upon a Crime" (season 4: episode 17)|
|2014||Extant||Girl at Table||"Extinct" (season 1: episode 2)|
|2014||When Sparks Fly||Amy Peterson||Hallmark Channel movie|
- "Rachel Meghan Markle, born August 4, 1981". California Birth Index. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Kim, Jae-Ha. "Celebrity travel with Meghan Markle".
- Dixon, Delaina. "GET GORGEOUS! Meghan Markle’s Celebrity Beauty Secrets". Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Matt Goulet (July 13, 2013). "Q&A:The Beautiful Meghan Markle on Suits, Canada Day, and Handwriting". Esquire. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "Meghan Markle Biography". buddytv.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Giles Hardie (September 10, 2012). "Q&A with Meghan Markle". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- "Today's girl - Meghan Markle". Maxim. June 27, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2009-06-23). "Meghan Markle joins 'Fringe'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- Hibberd, James (2010-08-24). "Meghan Markle books lead role on 'Legal Mind'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- "Hitched, Hatched, Hired". The Hollywood Reporter. September 27, 2011. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- Sophia Hardcastle (June 12, 2012). "The Crush: Meghan Markle". Mr Porter. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Meghan Markle, husband quietly separated in August". US Weekly. September 26, 2013. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "The Tig". Retrieved November 11, 2014.