Markle at the Paley Center in January 2013
August 4, 1981
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Northwestern University|
|Occupation||Actress, Activist, Humanitarian, Founder of The TIG|
Meghan Markle (born August 4, 1981 in Los Angeles, California) is an American fashion model, spokesmodel, and actress. She is best known for her role as Rachel Zane on the USA legal drama Suits. She also played Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent Amy Jessup in Fox's sci-fi thriller Fringe.
Markle was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Her mother is African-American and her father is of Dutch and Irish descent. Her father is a retired photography director, and as a child Markle spent time on the set of Married...with Children.
She has expressed an interest in returning to school to pursue a Master's in International Diplomacy. Markle's acting career began unexpectedly when she was discovered at a party after her friend gave a manager a copy of Meghan's film in college to view. To support herself between acting jobs Markle worked as a freelance calligrapher.
Markle is actively involved in the socio-political arena and in 2016 she became the Global Ambassador for World Vision Canada, traveling to Rwanda for the Clean Water Campaign. She has also worked with the United Nations Women, where, as an Advocate, she presented at UN Headquarters for the HeforShe Gender Equality Campaign in September 2014. Meghan has also been a panelist on the esteemed list of speakers for One Young World (Dublin, 2014), and has traveled to Afghanistan with the Chariman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on a USO tour in December 2014.
In 2002, Markle got her start in an episode of the daytime soap opera, General Hospital. She's also appeared in television episodes of Century City, Cuts, Love, Inc., The War at Home, 90210, Knight Rider, Without a Trace, The Apostles, CSI: NY, The League, Castle and Suits. Markle has also made appearances in the films A Lot Like Love and Deceit.
Markle appeared on Fringe as Junior Agent Amy Jessup in the first two episodes of its second season. Since July 2011 she portrays Rachel Zane, an "attractive paralegal working with Mike Ross (with his encyclopedic knowledge of the law) (Patrick J. Adams) and becomes his valuable after-hours research ally" on the USA Network show Suits.
Markle appeared in two 2010 films, Get Him to the Greek and Remember Me and one 2011 film, Horrible Bosses. She appeared in the short film The Candidate (seen on the KQED public television show ImageMakers: the Company of Men) as a secretary in 2012.
Markle is also the founder of TheTIG.com, "a hub for the discerning palate--those with a hunger for food, travel, fashion & beauty". In 2016, Markle was honored by Cynopsis Media as one of its Top Women in Digital.
|2002||General Hospital||Jill||1 episode|
|2004||Century City||Natasha||"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Lose" (season 1: episode 4)|
|2005||Cuts||Cori||"My Boyfriend's Back" (season 1: episode 5)|
|2005||Love, Inc.||Teresa Santos||"One on One" (season 1: episode 9)|
|2006||1 vs. 100||Herself||Mob member number 7|
|2006||The War at Home||Susan||"The Seventeen-Year Itch" (season 1: episode 17)|
|2006||CSI: NY||Veronica Perez||"Murder Sings the Blues" (season 3: episode 7)|
|2007||Deal or No Deal||Herself||Holder of Case #24; 4 episodes|
|2008||90210||Wendy||"We're Not in Kansas Anymore" (season 1: episode 1)
"The Jet Set" (season 1: episode 2)
|2008||'Til Death||Tara||"Joy Ride" (season 3: episode 2)|
|2009||Knight Rider||Annie Ortiz||"Fight Knight" (season 1: episode 14)|
|2009||Without a Trace||Holly Shepard||"Chameleon" (season 7: episode 15)|
|2009||Fringe||Junior FBI Agent Amy Jessup||"A New Day in the Old Town" (season 2: episode 1)
"Night of Desirable Objects" (season 2: episode 2)
|2009||The League||Random Girl||"The Bounce Test" (season 1: episode 2)|
|2010||CSI: Miami||Officer Leah Montoya||"Backfire" (season 8: episode 20)|
|2010||The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down||Dana||TV film|
|2011–present||Suits||Rachel Zane||Main Character; Series Regular|
|2012||Castle||Charlotte Boyd/Sleeping Beauty||"Once Upon a Crime" (season 4: episode 17)|
|2014||Extant||Girl at Table||"Extinct" (season 1: episode 2)|
|2014||When Sparks Fly||Amy Peterson||Hallmark Channel movie|
|2016||Dater's Handbook||Cassandra Barber||Hallmark Channel movie|
- "Rachel Meghan Markle, born August 4, 1981". California Birth Index. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Kim, Jae-Ha. "Celebrity travel with Meghan Markle".
- Dixon, Delaina. "GET GORGEOUS! Meghan Markle's Celebrity Beauty Secrets". Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Matt Goulet (July 13, 2013). "Q&A:The Beautiful Meghan Markle on Suits, Canada Day, and Handwriting". Esquire. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "Meghan Markle Biography". buddytv.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Watkins, Janelle (February 29, 2016). "Meghan Markle 'Suits' Up for Success". Ebony. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2009-06-23). "Meghan Markle joins 'Fringe'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- Hibberd, James (2010-08-24). "Meghan Markle books lead role on 'Legal Mind'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- "Hitched, Hatched, Hired". The Hollywood Reporter. September 27, 2011. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- Sophia Hardcastle (June 12, 2012). "The Crush: Meghan Markle". Mr Porter. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Meghan Markle, husband quietly separated in August". US Weekly. September 26, 2013. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- "The Tig". Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- "Top Women in Digital". Cynopsis Media. March 24, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2016.