Meghna at the premiere of Dus Kahaniyaan
13 December 1973 
|Occupation||Writer, Film Director|
Meghna Gulzar is an Indian director of Hindi films, and is the only daughter of lyricist and poet Gulzar and actress Raakhee. She is also the author of a book titled Because He Is... about her father Gulzar.
Meghna Gulzar started her writing career as a freelance writer for The Times of India and the NFDC publication Cinema in India. Her poetry was also published in anthologies of the Poetry Society of India. After completing her graduation in Sociology, Meghna worked with noted filmmaker Saeed Akhtar Mirza as an assistant director. In 1995, she completed a short course in filmmaking from the Tisch School of Arts, New York University, New York. Upon her return, she joined her father writer - director Gulzar, as an assistant on his films Maachis and Hu Tu Tu. Meghna simultaneously began scripting her own film along with directing documentaries for Doordarshan and music videos for several music albums.
She directed her first film Filhaal in 2002, starring Former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen and Tabu. Her second movie was Just Married in 2007. She also directed a short film "Pooranmasi" for Sanjay Gupta's Dus Kahaniyaan starring Amrita Singh. Her latest movie Talvar, written by Vishal Bharadwaj and based on the 2008 Noida double murder case.
- Raghavendra, Nandini (December 14, 2003). "Meghna Gulzar: Papa's girl". The Economic Times. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "Life beyond Filhaal". The Times of India. 6 September 2006. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Creative child of celebrities". The Hindu.
- Encyclopaedia of Hindi cinema. Encyclopædia Britannica (India). 2003. p. 244. ISBN 978-81-7991-066-5.
- "Just Married". The Indian Express. 16 March 2007. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Vishal Bharadwaj gifts Meghna Gulzar a script". The Times Of India. 22 December 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meghna Gulzar.|