|Title||Chairman of Cardiff City Football Club plc|
Dalman was born in Paphos, Cyprus. As of Turkish Cypriot tradition, he was born as Mehmet Şükrü, taking his father's first name as his own last name. His brother, Cevdet, has retained the surname. He studied at the London School of Economics.
from 1990 to 1995, Dalman served as the Head of European and Japanese Equities at Credit Lyonnais Securities and Head of Quantitative Marketing at The Nikko Securities Europe. He served as a Managing Director at Deutsche Morgan Grenfell Capital Markets Limited, and Head of Japanese Equities and Equity Derivatives for Asia Pacific. Between 1997 and 2004, Dalman was the first non-German to sit on the board of the German bank Commerzbank. He founded the WMG Group / WMG Advisors LLP in 2004. In January 2012, Dalman joined the Cardiff City F.C. board as the Bluebirds looked to return to the top flight and was subsequently made chairman in July 2013.
- The Telegraph (2011-06-10). "Profile: Sir Paul Judge and Mehmet Dalman". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- List of companies in which Mehmet Dalman figures - http://www.cbetta.com/director/mehmet-dalman-4
- Star Gazete. "Londra'da bir 'Harika Türk'". Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- eFinancialCareers. "News analysis: How Commerzbank's Dalman built his empire". Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "Profile: Sir Paul Judge and Mehmet Dalman". The Daily Telegraph. London. 10 June 2011.
- Bloomberg. "Mehmet Dalman". Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "Cypriot businessman Mehmet Dalman joins Cardiff City board".