Mehmet Yanki Yonel
Mehmet Yanki Yonel
Mehmet Yanki Yonel
June 15, 1976
Golden Gate University
|Occupation||Radio host, voice-over actor|
Mehmet Yankı Yönel (born June 15, 1976 in Istanbul, Turkey) is a Turkish radio host  TV presenter and voice actor. For more than 25 years, he has also been producing jingles, promos and commercials for radios and TV stations. He has hosted his own shows on various radio stations which streaming Turkish and foreign music since 1996. He came on board as the voiceover  of Jelli Radios which is owned by Karnaval Media Group  and defines itself as Turkey's first social radio. He continues to perform his works at his production firm My Production. He is best known for his internationally syndicated radio show Jelli Show  (User Controlled Radio) and he still works on Metro FM (Turkey) and Super FM in Istanbul.
Yönel was born in 1976 in Istanbul. After primary and secondary education, he graduated from the Department of Ceramics at Marmara University Faculty of Fine Arts in 2000. He earned a bachelor's degree in radio-TV production from Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
In 1993, he joined Number One FM when radio broadcasting had recently launched in Turkey. Among the most successful male voices in Turkey, he received various prizes. Yönel performed morning shows on Energy FM where he played evergreen classics from the 1970s to the present and made the most listened to radio shows while he also came to the fore with the show on Number One FM where he played hits and pop songs. After leaving Number One FM, he continued to be on air in radio stations such as Radio Cool, Radyo 5 Radio 2019, Hot Station, Metro FM (Turkey) and Super FM. Between 2000 and 2002, he hosted morning shows on Metro FM which is owned by Cem Uzan. He returned to the station in 2009 which began to be managed by Karnaval Media Group and he supplemented his work under the name of "drive time" on weekdays between 17:00 and 20:00. He still hosted audience-participation programs on weekdays at 20:00–24:00 on Super FM.
TV shows and voiceover
In 1995, he performed dubbing for films, TV series and cartoons within Senkron TV. He has also acted in movies  since 2009. While maintaining dubbing work, Mehmet carried out various voiceover performances for the news, magazine, music and entertainment programs on national channels. He was one of the co-founders of Technology TV, which began broadcasting with the motto "Turkey's Technology TV". On weekdays between 20:00 and 23:00, he hosted his live show Spesiyal from Technology TV which aimed to adapt a popular concept from Germany, GIGA Television. Live raids that he broadcast from the game World of Warcraft and live calls were some of the favourite parts of the program. While hosting his shows in Technology TV, Yönel did commercial voice-over projects in Turkey.
Outside his radio career, Yönel has become a businessman and entrepreneur. He is the founder of My Produksiyon  and Power Medya, and the co-founder of MRN – Magaza Radyo Network (Store Radios Network) in Turkey.
- 1993 – Radio shows in stations streaming foreign and Turkish songs
- 1993-1995 – Radio host on Number One FM and Energy FM
- 1995-1997 – Morning shows and music producer on Gunaydın FM
- 1997-1999 – Show named Wake-up Service on Radio 2019
- 1999–present – Co-founder of the companies called as My Production and Power Media and a voice actor
- 1999-2002 – Morning shows on Metro FM which is one of the most favourite radios in Turkey, voiceover performances on Kral TV, Star Media Group and the radios
- 2002-2005 – General Manager and music director on My Radio, which is a sister station of İstanbul FM
- 2005-2009 – Radio host between 07:00-10:00 on Radio 5 operated by Show Media Group. Besides this, he performed voiceovers for other media networks of the company like Show TV, Cine 5, Show Radio and Radio Viva.
- 2009-2014 – Karnaval Media Group, which was a pioneer of many innovations in radio broadcasting sector. He prepared and presented a radio show called Jelli Show, which was an audience-participation program and began its broadcasting life with the motto "Turkey's first social radio", on Metro FM and Super FM. This digital radio platform enabled the audience to control the broadcasting in real-time through PC and Android-iOS based Smart phones; this program was streamed to analogue radios simultaneously.
- "Süper FM'de Son Transfer!". Radyocuyuz Agency. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2021.
- "Mehmet Yanki Yonel (Turkish Voiceover)". Voices.com. 12 Apr 1999. Retrieved 16 August 2021.
- "Karnaval Media Group". Webrazzi.com. 4 Apr 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2021.
- "Radyoda Devrim!". Milliyet Gazetesi. 21 Oct 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2021.
- "Patronların zevklerine göre şarkı çalmıyoruz". Milliyet Newspaper. 30 May 2007. Retrieved 16 August 2021.
- "Mehmet Yanki Yonel". IMDB.com. 13 Sep 2009. Retrieved 16 August 2021.
- "My Prodüksiyon Reklam & Seslendirme Ajansı". My Prodüksiyon. 22 Nov 1997. Retrieved 16 August 2021.