Mehmet Yanki Yonel
Mehmet Yanki Yonel
Mehmet Yanki Yonel
June 15, 1976
Golden Gate University
|Occupation||Radio host, Voice-over|
Mehmet Yankı Yönel (born June 15 1976 in Istanbul, Turkey) is a Turkish radio host, TV presenter and voice actor. For more than 25 years, he has also been producing jingles and sweepers for radios and famous tv commercials. He has been hosting his own shows on various radios which are streaming Turkish and foreign music since 1996. He came on board as the voiceover of Jelli Radios which are owned by Karnaval Media Group and define itself as Turkey's first social radio. Currently, he continues to perform his works at his production firm, named as My Production. Best known for his internationally syndicated radio show Jelli Show (User Controlled Radio) and he still working on Metro FM and Super FM in Istanbul.
Mehmet Yankı Yönel was born in 1976 in Istanbul, Turkey. After primary and secondary education, he graduated from the Department of Ceramics, Marmara University Faculty of Fine Arts in 2000; and then, he earned a bachelor's degree in Radio-TV Production, Golden Gate University in San Francisco. He began his career as a radio host on Number One FM and Energy FM, owned by Number One Group.
In 1993, he stepped into his career on Number One FM when radio broadcasting was launched recently in Turkey. Among the most successful male voices in Turkey, he received various prizes. Yonel performed morning shows on Energy FM where he played evergreen classics from the 1970s to the present and made the most listened radio shows while he also came to the fore with the show on Number One FM where he played hits and pop songs. After leaving Number One FM, he continued to be on air in such radio stations as Radio Cool, Radio 2019, Hot Station, Metro FM and Super FM. Between 2000–2002, he hosted morning shows on Metro FM which owned by Cem Uzan, and then left. However, he returned to the radio station in 2009 which began to be managed by Karnaval Media Group and he supplemented his work under the name of "drive time" on weekdays between 17:00 and 20:00. He still hosted audience-participation programs on weekdays between 20:00–24:00 on Super FM.
TV shows & voiceover
In 1995, he performed dubbing for films, TV series, and cartoons within Senkron TV. While maintaining to dubbing works, Mehmet carried out various voiceover performances for the news, magazine, music and entertainment programs on national channels. He was one of the co-founders of Technology TV, which begin its broadcasting life with the motto "Turkey's Technology TV". On weekdays between 20:00-23:00, he hosted his live show named "Spesiyal" from Technology TV which aimed to adapt a popular concept in Germany, GIGA Television, to Turkey. Live raids that he broadcast from the game World of Warcraft and live calls were one of the most favourite parts of the program. While hosting his shows in Technology TV, Yonel went on commercial voice-over projects in Turkey.
Outside his radio career, Mehmet Yankı has become a businessman and entrepreneur. He is the founder of My Produksiyon and Power Medya, he is also the co-founder of MRN – Magaza Radyo Network (Store Radios Network) in Turkey.
- 1993 – Radio shows in stations streaming foreign and Turkish songs.
- 1993-1995 Radio host on Number One FM and Energy FM.
- 1995-1997 Morning Shows and music producer on Gunaydın FM.
- 1997-1999 Show named "Wake-up Service" on Radio 2019.
- 1999-Today Mehmet Yanki Yonel has been working as co-founder of the companies called as My Production and Power Media and a voice actor.
- 1999-2002 Morning Shows on Metro FM which is one of the most favourite radios in Turkey, voiceover performances on Kral TV, Star Media Group and the radios.
- 2002-2005 General Manager and music director on My Radio, which is a sister station of İstanbul FM.
- 2005-2009 Radio host between 07:00-10:00 on Radio 5 operated by Show Media Group. Besides this, he performed voiceovers for other media networks of the company like Show TV, Cine 5, Show Radio and Radio Viva.
- 2009-2014 Karnaval Media Group, which is a pioneer of many innovations in radio broadcasting sector. He prepared and presented a radio show called Jelli Show, which was an audience-participation program and began its broadcasting life with the motto "Turkey's first social radio", on Metro FM and Super FM. This digital radio platform enabled the audience to control the broadcasting in real-time through PC and Android-iOS based Smart phones; besides, this program was streamed to analogue radios simultaneously.
- Official website Mehmet Yankı Yönel
- Milliyet Newspaper Article
- Voice & Program Samples
- Video & Voice Demo Samples
- Jelli Official Website – Jelli
|This biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|