|Full name||Mehrdad Pooladi|
|Date of birth||February 26, 1987|
|Place of birth||Karaj, Iran|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Left-back|
|2012||→ Persepolis (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 April 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23 January 2015
Mehrdad Pooladi (Persian: مهرداد پولادی, born February 26, 1987) is an Iranian footballer who currently plays for Bangkok United in the Thai League T1. He was also an Iranian international, where he played as a left back.He was banned from playing for Iran national football team, after it was determined that he faked his military service exemption card.
In August 2007, he moved from Paykan to Esteghlal as one of the number of young players that were chosen by coach Naser Hejazi. He scored his only goal in Estghlal's 2–1 away at Moghavemat Sepasi. After Naser Hejazi was sacked and replaced with Firouz Karimi, he fell down in the pecking order and eventually left Esteghlal two years after joining the team.
Pooladi joined Tractor Sazi for the 2008–09 season where he played only for a single season. In Tabriz he managed to regain his form playing mostly as a central midfielder, scoring six goals in the season. The most noteworthy was a 40-yard free-kick against his former team Esteghlal in the Azadi Stadium.
He transferred to Mes Kerman and played for the team for a year and a half, again mostly as a midfielder. In the mid-season of 2011–12, he was not included in Miroslav Blažević's squad and left the team.
In January 2012 he moved to Persepolis, Pooladi could not play in 2011–12 season as he had missed the transfer deadline day. He was however able to register for the 2012 AFC Champions League playing in 7 games and scoring a goal against Al-Shabab from a free-kick in a 3–1 win. He extended his contract with Persepolis for two years, keeping him in the team until 2014. He has established himself as a fan favorite due to the high intensity at which he plays the game. Since he joined Persepolis he played the majority of the games as a left back, occasionally slotting in as a defensive midfielder and left wing. After a good showing in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he was monitored by Premier League clubs such as Southampton, Hull City and Swansea City. On 17 September 2014 the FFIRI disciplinary committee announced a sentence on his contract with Persepolis for the forthcoming 2014–15 season due to conscription issues. According to this sentence, the contract is cancelled after the end of the 2013–14 season (in May 2014), therefore he became a free agent and was free to choose his club.
Pooladi officially joined coach Miguel Ángel Lotina's Qatari side Al-Shahania with a two-year contract after IFF's rule that he is a free agent due to conscription issues. On 5 December 2014, he provided an assist to Masoud Shojaei. He also scored a 35–yard free kick for them towards the end of the season. Pooladi renewed his contract with Al-Shahania for another two season until the end of the 2017–18 Qatar Stars League.
Club career statistics
- As of 12 May 2015
|Al-Shahania||Qatar Stars League||2014–15||20||2||1||1||–||–||21||3|
- Assist goals
Pooladi played all three games for Iran U20 at 2006 AFC Youth Championship, as a product of Paykan Tehran. He also made five appearances in 2005 in Valentin A.Granatkin Memorial – International Youth Tournament for Iran U20. He was also a member of Iran U-23, participating in the 2006 Asian Games.
He started his senior international career under Carlos Queiroz in July 2011 against Madagascar. Queiroz moved Pooladi to the left back position a position and Pooladi has taken the opportunity and established himself as first choice left back ever since.
2014 FIFA World Cup
On 1 June 2014, he was called into Iran's 2014 FIFA World Cup squad by Carlos Queiroz. Pooladi was named as the second best-ranked player in the first week of the tournament behind Thomas Müller by FIFA, after receiving 9.7 points in the opening match against Nigeria. He also showed a good performance in the next match against Argentina.In second half time he dribbled well Higuain and Messi to shows his technical ability
2015 Asian Cup
He was called into Iran's 2015 AFC Asian Cup squad on 30 December 2014 by Carlos Queiroz. On 23 January 2015, he received a controversial red card in the quarter-final match of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup against Iraq by referee Ben Williams.
- Iranvij-Group (1 January 2000). "خانه تکانی ویژه در پرسپولیس!".
- "پولادي هافبك الشحانيه نه دفاع چــــــــــپـــــــــــ !".
- "پو?لادي: پست بازي بر?ايم مهم نيست".
- Pouladi joins Persepolis Archived 2012-06-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Southampton, Swansea and Hull in for Iran World Cup stars Pooladi and Hajsafi". 12 July 2014.
- admin (15 October 2014). "Mehrdad Pooladi saved by FIFA !".
- "الشيحانية يخطف الايراني مهرداد من هال سيتي ويوقع معه لمدة عام".
- "Shojaei and Dejagah on target in Qatar [VIDEO]".
- Rex Xerxes (4 June 2015). "Mehrdad Pooladi Long Range Goal HD" – via YouTube.
- "Han nets brace as QSC punish clueless Shahaniya 4-1". 10 May 2015.
- AFC Youth Championship 2006: Heartbreak for Iran as Japan, DPR Korea go through to last eight
- AFC Youth Championship 2006: Jong, Kim double up as DPR Korea thrash Iran
- Iran rally for 3-1 win over Tajikistan
- "Queiroz trims Iran squad to 24". FIFA.com. 1 June 2014. Archived from the original on 1 June 2014. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- FIFA.com (18 June 2014). "Muller sets early pace, Pooladi on his shoulder".
- "Queiroz Names Team Melli Squad". afcasiancup.com. 30 December 2014. Archived from the original on 1 January 2015.
- Gaskin, Lee (24 January 2015). "Former Socceroos blast referee Ben Williams for 'embarrasing' [sic] send-off in Iran's Asian Cup loss to Iraq".
- "Video - News.com.au".
- Mehrdad Pooladi at PersianLeague.com
- Mehrdad Pooladi at TeamMelli.com
- Mehrdad Pooladi at National-Football-Teams.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mehrdad Pooladi.|