|• Mayor||Franziska Höchstädter|
|• Total||17.10 km2 (6.60 sq mi)|
|Elevation||750 m (2,460 ft)|
|• Density||78/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
- 1 Neighbouring communities
- 2 Constituent communities
- 3 History
- 4 Religions
- 5 Community development
- 6 Population Development
- 7 Council
- 8 Mayor
- 9 Arms
- 10 Community partnership
- 11 Things
- 12 Local museum
- 13 Regular events
- 14 Traffic
- 15 Public institutions
- 16 Education
- 17 Personality
- 18 External links
- 19 References
Mehrstetten was mentioned around 1300 as Merstetten for the first time. Mehrstetten came in 1654 to the office Münsingen in the Duchy of Württemberg, this became in 1808 Oberamt and in 1938 district Münsingen and with its resolution on January 1, 1973 the district of Reutlingen.
1977 part of the district-Schelklingen Sondernach with three repatriates courts came to Mehrstetten.
The population figures are census results (¹) or official updates the State from the Statistical Office in Stuttgart (only principal residents).
|Year | Population figures
The council Mehrstetten has 10 members. The local elections in Baden-Württemberg on May 25, 2014 resulted in the following official results. The turnout was 57.00% (2009: 64.48%). The council consists of the elected honorary councilors and the mayor as chairman. The mayor is entitled to vote in the municipal council.
|Free Voters Association (FWV)||44.3%||4 seats||2009: 54.3%, 5 seats||Independent Citizens' List (UB)||55.7%||6 seats 2009: 45.7%, 5 seats|
The mayor is elected for a term of eight years. The term of office of Rudolf Ott ends on September 30, 2016.
Blazon: In silver on green bottom two facing upright black steeds.
Exceptional pieces about the village life on the Alb plateau in the 19th century, gathered by members of the volunteer-run museum in the former bull stable of Mehrstetten. The museum was opened in 1991.
During a tour you will encounter a kitchen with the old wood stove and churn and the parlor, where hanging above the stove shoes and clothes could dry. Of interest is the unique collection of more than 200 old linen bags. These were formerly the most valuable possession of the people. They were given names and often numbered. Even changes of ownership by inheritance cases can be found on the linen today, old names were deleted and new written underneath.
There are show and craft days, where there is much to experience. The old forge (Alte Schmiede) is just put into operation, also an old transmission or a 400 year old loom. From May to October the museum is open every first Sunday of the month from 13:30 to 16:30.
- Hocketse from JuZe Mehrstetten annually on the second weekend of August
- Autumn Festival of the band Mehrstetten annually on the last weekend of October
The public transport is guaranteed by the Verkehrsverbund Neckar-Alb-Donau (NALDO). The community is located in the comb 225. Mehrstetten received 1901 by the extension of the Reutlingen–Schelklingen railway connection to the rail network. The Royal Württemberg State Railways built the station building as Standardized railway station (Württemberg)
- Youth Centre Mehrstetten
- Christian Schrade (1876-1964), architect, focus church buildings
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mehrstetten.|
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland nach Fläche, Bevölkerung und Postleitzahl am 30.09.2016". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 2016.
- Das Land Baden-Württemberg. Amtliche Beschreibung nach Kreisen und Gemeinden. Band VII: Regierungsbezirk Tübingen. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-17-004807-4. S. 53–54
- Rainer Stein (1996), "Der württembergische Einheitsbahnhof auf Nebenbahnen" (in German), Eisenbahn-Journal Württemberg-Report (Fürstenfeldbruck: Merker) Band 1 (V/96): pp. 80–83, ISBN 3-922404-96-0