Mehvish being awarded the Nari Shakti Puraskar by the President of India.
|Born||1989 (age 30–31)|
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
|Alma mater||Presentation Convent Higher Secondary School|
SSM College of Engineering and Technology
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, App developer|
|Known for||Android software development|
|App "Dial Kashmir"|
Born in Srinagar, Mehvish Mushtaq is a Kashmiri app developer from the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, who has the distinction of creating the first Android application called "Dial Kashmir".
She rose to fame in the year 2013 after developing an Android application named Dial Kashmir. Dial Kashmir is an application that caters specifically to the Kashmir region, her native place. It provides the user's extensive information like addresses, phone numbers and email ids of various essential services in various sectors in Kashmir such as hospitals, education, transport, police. Since its launch, the app has been downloaded more than 10,000 times from the Google Play Store and has a rating of 4.5, with over 1,500 reviews and ratings.
- Femina Women's Awards(Online Influencer) — 2014
- Space Communications Award — 2014
- ALL Grassroots Women Achievers Award — 2014
- The Sunday Standard Devi Awards Delhi — 2016
- Nari Shakti Puraskar — 2018
- "Girl develops first android app on Kashmir". The Hindu. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- Raafi, Muhammad; Raafi, Muhammad (19 January 2016). "Kashmiri Entrepreneur Bags 'Devi' Award". Kashmir Life. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Mehvish Mushtaq becomes first Kashmiri to develop Android app". The Kashmir Walla. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- Mehvish (20 January 2018), Dial Kashmir, Mehvish, retrieved 24 March 2018
- "Femina Women Awards 2014". femina.in. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Devi Awards 2016". www.eventxpress.com. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Women's Day: President honours 39 with 'Nari Shakti Puraskar'". The Quint. IANS. 8 March 2018. Retrieved 6 February 2020.
- International Women’s Day: India’s 6 most powerful women who defeated all odds, 7 March 2018
- 5 Ways Companies Can Use CSR To Do their Bit For Women Empowerment, 25 January 2018
- 6 Female Developers That Are Breaking the Gender Stereotype, 10 August 2017
- Women empowerment and women’s safety are the top most priorities of the Government: Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, 8 March 2018