Meigsville Township, Morgan County, Ohio
|Meigsville Township, Morgan County, Ohio|
Location of Meigsville Township in Morgan County
|• Total||31.4 sq mi (81.2 km2)|
|• Land||31.3 sq mi (81.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||774 ft (236 m)|
|• Density||28.6/sq mi (11.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086691|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Bristol Township - north
- Manchester Township - northeast corner
- Center Township - east
- Windsor Township - south
- Morgan Township - west
No municipalities are located in Meigsville Township.
Name and history
It is the only Meigsville Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
As of 2007, the trustees are Kent Coyle, Darren Hann, and Terry Kidd, and the clerk is Masel Johnson.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morgan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Meigsville Township Officials, Morgan County. Accessed 2007-07-02.