Meineke Car Care Centers
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1972 (Sam Meineke)|
|Headquarters||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Products||Automotive repair, mufflers|
Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. ("mine-a-key") is a franchise-based international automotive repair chain with more than 900 locations. The chain is ranked #52 in the Franchise 500 (2014) and #54 in America’s Top Global (2013) Previously known as Meineke Discount Mufflers, the company changed its name to Meineke Car Care Centers in 2003 when it expanded to offer full-service auto repairs.
Meineke was founded in 1971 in Houston, Texas by Sam Meineke. He started to franchise the name in 1972, with Harold Nedell. In 1983, GKN, a multinational British company, bought out Meineke Discount Mufflers. In 1986, the company headquarters moved to Charlotte, North Carolina.
In 2003, the same year Meineke Discount Muffler Shops, Inc. became Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc., Meineke became a privately held company, no longer publicly traded.
In 2006, Meineke Car Care Centers’ parent company, Meineke Holding Company, became Driven Brands, Inc. and acquired the quick oil change company, Econo Lube 'N Tune Inc. In 2008, it acquired Maaco, Auto Qual, and Drive N Style.
In April 2013, Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. announced the acquisition of the Seattle-Tacoma auto repair chain, Walt’s Auto Care Centers, or “Walt’s”. In June 2014, Meineke acquired eight America’s Service Station locations in the Atlanta area.
Former boxing champion George Foreman was a spokesperson for the Meineke brand in the United States from 1993 to 2010. Former NHL player Wendel Clark is the Meineke spokesperson in Canada, as well as a current Meineke franchisee.
- "Meineke Car Care Centers - Automotive Franchises > Repair Services from AllBusiness.com".
- "Meineke Car Care Centers". Entrepreneur.
- Jean Halliday. (29 January 2003). "AUTO REPAIR CHAIN MEINEKE TO TWEAK NAME".
- "Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas". The Horn.
- "Franchisee In Action: Franchise a Little Smarter with Meineke - Franchising USA". Franchising USA.
- "Meineke Car Care Centers, Inc. Appoints New President". Franchising.com.
- "Driven Brands buys Maaco Franchising". Charlotte Business Journal.
- "Meineke(R) Expands Pacific Northwest Presence With Acquisition Of Walt's Auto Care Centers".
- "Meineke acquires 8 Atlanta stores". Tire Business.
- "George Foreman renews Meineke contract". Charlotte Business Journal.
- "Wendel Clark's Meineke Vaughan Franchise Named SSGM 'Garage of the Year'". Yahoo Finance. 30 December 2013.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|