The Mekongga Mountains (Pegunungan Mekongga, Bingkoka Mountains) are a range of mountains on the island of Sulawesi (Celebes), in Indonesia. Running north-west–southeast, on the western side of the southeast peninsula of the island, they are parallel to and west of the Tanggeasinua Range and lie in the province of Southeast Sulawesi. The volcano, Mount Mekongga, is the highest point at 2,779 metres (9,117 ft).
Notes and references
- Bingkoka Mountains (Variant - V) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Pegunungan Mekongga (Approved - N) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Kendari, Indonesia, SA 51-14, Series T503 (Map) (first ed.). 1:250,000. United States Army Map Service. 1965.
- TPC M-12 AG, Indonesia (Map) (first ed.). 1:500,000. Director of Military Survey, Ministry of Defence, United Kingdom. 1972.
- "Mekongga Mountains". Encyclopædia Britannica. Archived from the original on 2 March 2015.
|This South East Sulawesi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|