|Birth name||Melville John Galley|
8 March 1948|
Cannock, Staffordshire, England
|Died||1 July 2008
Heath Hayes and Wimblebury, Staffordshire, England
|Genres||Hard rock, funk rock, pop rock, blues rock, progressive rock, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Finders Keepers, Trapeze, Whitesnake, Phenomena|
Galley was born in Cannock, Staffordshire, England. While a member of Whitesnake, he badly injured his arm in an accident at a fairground in Germany and had to leave the band, as he was unable to play guitar because of nerve damage as a result of incompetent surgery. Later he became known for playing with "The Claw", a specially developed spring and wire device fitted to his hand which enabled him to play guitar again. Together with his brother Tom Galley and Wilfried Rimensberger, he was a founding member of Phenomena where his songwriting and guitar playing skills had a major impact on its success.
"I have been very lucky. I have seen some great bands, and played with many great musicians. And I have enjoyed some tremendous experiences. I am thankful that I can say a proper goodbye to all the friends I have made, who are now rallying 'round me".
With Finders Keepers
"Sadie, The Cleaning Lady" (single)
- You Are the Music...We're Just the Band
- The Final Swing
- Hot Wire
- Live At The Boat Club
- Hold On a.k.a. Running
- Live in Texas: Dead Armadillos
- Welcome to the Real World
- High Flyers: The Best of Trapeze
- Way Back to the Bone
- On the Highwire
With Glenn Hughes
- Phenomena (Bronze 1985)
- Phenomena II "Dream Runner" (RCA 1987)
- Phenomena III "Inner Vision"
- Psychofantasy (Escape 2006)
- Blind Faith (Escape 2010)
With Cozy Powell
- "Whitesnake History". Deep-purple.net. 1984-04-16. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "projectphenomena.com". projectphenomena.com. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "Former Whitesnake/Trapeze Guitarist 'Seriously Ill With Cancer' - Blabbermouth.net". Roadrunnerrecords.com. 2008-02-07. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
|This article on a UK guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|