Mel Ziegler and his wife Patricia Ziegler were the American founders of Banana Republic.
Their eldest son, Zio Ziegler, is a notable street artist.Their daughter, Aza, is a Los Angeles-based fashion designer and stylist. Her fashion line is Calle Del Mar. The couple published a 2012 memoir titled Wild Company, The Untold Story of Banana Republic, recounting their quirky adventures founding Banana Republic. They are also authors of The Republic of Tea, which details their unconventional founding of that company as well.
- Hellman, Peter (September 28, 2000). "AT HOME WITH/MEL AND PATRICIA ZIEGLER; About to Hatch Their Third Republic". The New York Times. New York: The New York Times Company. ISSN 0362-4331. OCLC 1645522. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- "Be present, not tense: Mel Ziegler". reveries magazine. reveries.com. December 2000. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
'I was either going to be a curmudgeon, sitting on the edge of it, shaking my finger at it. Or I was going to go see what it was all about.' Mel Ziegler, who with his wife Patricia invented and sold Banana Republic and Republic of Tea, is explaining the end of a hiatus and the beginning of a new journey called ZoZaInterview with Mel Ziegler.
- Dunn, Casey (October 9, 2001). "ZoZa Site Overview". What was ZoZa.com. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- Dunn, Casey (October 9, 2001). "ZoZa Summary". What was ZoZa.com. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- Lipton, Josh (December 23, 2014), Zio Ziegler: The artist for tech's elite, CNBC.
- Ziegler, Mel; Rosenzweig, Bill; Ziegler, Patricia (1992). The Republic of Tea : letters to a young zentrepeneur. New York: Currency Doubleday. ISBN 978-0-385-42056-3. OCLC 645832406. Later re-published as: Ziegler, Mel; Rosenzweig, Bill; Ziegler, Patricia (September 1, 1994) . The republic of tea : the story of the creation of a business, as told through the personal letters of its founders (1st Currency paperback ed.). New York: Crown Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0-385-42057-0. OCLC 31302063.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|